1031 Thompson Way, Placerville, CA 95667 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 5
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Rachel Fawn Photo

Rachel Fawn Photo is a photojournalistic, lifestyle, candid and adventurous wedding, engagement, elopement, and family photographer, providing affordable, authentic and artistic photography to all of Northern California, from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe, from Yosemite to the Bay Area, to Yuba City, Chico, Redding, and beyond.

Rachel has been shooting for over 25 years, starting with film in 1995 and switching to digital in 2007. She studied digital photography and processing at CSUSM. Rachel started her licensed, insured, full-time photography business in October 2017 and has shot over 100 weddings and hundreds of sessions as a pro.

As a photojournalist, Rachel focuses on capturing real memories instead of everything staging and posing everyone all day. Her specialty is capturing what's unfolding in front of her from the best angles for light and composition, with just enough guidance and direction to provide her clients with images that are altogether authentic, artistic and beautiful. In the interest of both authenticity and artistry, Rachel also invites her clients to collaborate and bring their own ideas (Pinterest is great for that).

Rachel moved from San Diego to Pollock Pines in 2016 and quickly fell in love with Gold Country - Lake Tahoe, Hope Valley, Carson Pass, the El Dorado National Forest, the American River, Apple Hill, Hangtown, Coloma, Old Folsom, Old Sacramento and Tower Bridge - all the way to the Bay Area and Yosemite. For engagement sessions, Rachel loves to make it an adventure exploring one of these amazing areas, especially at sunset!

Overall, Rachel feels so incredibly blessed to have a career that's all about love. She loves her family, she loves what she does, she loves her clients, and she loves where she lives. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Contact Rachel today for a free consultation to see if you'd love to work with her as well!

• Woman-owned

12 Reviews for Rachel Fawn Photo

• Lesley

Lesley R. · Married on 08/21/2020

Rachel is Amazing!

Rachel is the best, hands down. She is so dedicated to her work that not only does she run around the entire time to get the right shot, but she'll even quickly venture into the brush to get the prefect shot. We were lucky enough to hire Rachel for both our engagement shoot and for our wedding day, and everything for both shoots went perfectly thanks to Rachel. She came to both events super prepared and had even come to our wedding with print outs of every single request I had, to make sure we captured everything. Oh and on our wedding day there were road and freeway closures due to wildfires, and she was still able to make it and not be frazzled one bit despite her route having been rerouted midway to us. Impressed doesn't even begin to explain how we feel with her, her work ethic, and her work. I honestly feel like our pictures could be out of a magazine; that's how perfect they came out. And I can't forget to mention the special moments pictures...she somehow captures all of the little candid moments that happen between posed pictures, that mean the most when looking back at the day. Hire Rachel, you won't regret it one bit!!

Sent on 10/11/2020

Malia · Married on 02/02/2020

Love Rachel!

Rachel is so much fun to work with!!! I actually found her through a Facebook ad shortly after I got engaged. For once one of those ads led me to something awesome! Her photos in the ad looked so magical; so we set up an appointment to meet to see if we'd be a good fit and it was great! From our first meeting up until the wedding Rachel is very communacative and both my husband and I had a wonderful time working with her! Our (very affordable) package came with an engagement shoot so we got the chance to learn Rachel's style of shooting before the wedding. She's very photo journalistic and will perfectly capture your story! She shoots a lot of photos so you'll have a lot to choose from too. She did an amazing job capturing our special day! She got us sneak peek photos within a few days and the rest of our photos came in about 6 weeks (we were barely back from our honeymoon, so quick)! I'm very happy we found a photographer who worked so great with us! Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/06/2020

Rachel Fawn Photo Pricing

Rachel Fawn Photo Price Rates

Rachel Fawn Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1500
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1500
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    One Event / Day
    Slideshow
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

Team of Rachel Fawn Photo

Rachel Fawn Kolb

Rachel Fawn Kolb

Owner / Lead Photographer

Been shooting since I was 12. Started my full-time, licensed & insured pro wedding, engagement & family photo biz in 2017.

I love to laugh (who doesn't?). I love to cry (okay, that one's weird, maybe). Really, I just love this thing called life, no matter where it takes me (and I do love to go places - so let's go!).

Life sure has its ups and downs (as we all know right now).

So, now, more than ever . . .

LOVE IS ESSENTIAL.

Don't you think?

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Moda Floral and Event Design Wedding Florists

A a wedding professional, I look at professional wedding photography quite often, and believe I know quality work when I see it. When it came time to choose a photographer for my own wedding I REALLY LUCKED OUT when I came across an ad posted by Rachel Fawn. She is 5 out of 5 starts in quality, price, professionalism, creativity, and service. She was able to anticipate our needs, and make room in her schedule for extra hours on the day of. She had great suggestions for photos, and choreographed everything perfectly, yet it was like she was a very lovely fly on the wall. She was patient and flexible with the requests of our guest. She communicated with us very effectively ahead of time, in the moment, and after the event. There was never a moment when we had to wonder what her next step was. She was very organized and professional. Rachel was more than prompt in delivering the stunning photos after the wedding. When we received the photos we were more than thrilled. They were BEAUTIFUL. My uncle, who is a retired professional wedding photographer was complaining about how difficult it was to photograph anything in the lighting at our wedding. He was very impressed with how she handled the lighting. So were we!!! We enjoyed Rachel as our photographer and you will too! I hope to have the chance to work a wedding with her soon!

• Mosca's Dream Vacations
    Mosca's Dream Vacations Travel Agents

I met Rachel when I was desperately searching for a wedding photographer that was not outrageously priced. Her creativity and filters she uses are amazing. I have worked with photographers on other project but she exceeded all of our expectations and more. When I book any brides or groups, without any reservation I recommend her services. Rachel is professional, personable and catches every important frame. I look forward to working with her for many years to come. Rachel is an excellent choice for your wedding, family reunions, graduations and destination photos! Her customer service and responsiveness is impeccable. Rachel cares about each and every client! Again, I cannot put enough words here to compliment Rachel and her photography company! Call her today!

• 1031 Thompson Way Placerville, CA, 95667 See on map
    760-654-6132 (Phone number)
    Location of (Rachel Fawn Photo)