Point Vicente Interpretive Center

31501 Palos Verdes Dr. W., Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275 Map · Phone number

About Point Vicente Interpretive Center

This beautiful park, located adjacent to the Point Vicente Lighthouse, offers recreational and educational opportunities to the public.

The Interpretive Center opened in 1984 with a mission to present and interpret the unique features and history of the Palos Verdes Peninsula. The almost 10,000 square foot newly expanded Interpretive Center, re-opened on July 15, 2006, features exhibits on the natural and cultural history of the Peninsula, with a special emphasis on the Pacific gray whale. This premier whale watch site provides spectacular opportunities to view the annual migration of the Pacific gray whale, from December through April.

The park grounds may be enjoyed from dawn to dusk. Picnic tables are available, however, fires, barbecues, drones and smoking are prohibited at this site. Dogs must be on a leash.

• Downey Party Rentals
  • The Fun Company
  • Party Pleasers
  • Oh So Pretty Vintage Rentals

11 Reviews for Point Vicente Interpretive Center

Kathy · Married on 08/10/2014

If you told me that I could hold my wedding anywhere in the world, I'd hold it here. Our wedding at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center was perfect. The amphitheater provided the perfect location for the ceremony and the Pacific Ocean behind us couldn't have been more beautiful. My husband rode into the ceremony alone on a tandem bike via one of the many paths, and many a tear were shed. My father walked me down a path to the main ceremony. The photos we took at the Interpretive Center turned out great. I don't think a bad picture can be taken there! We also held the reception there. We had 120 people, and had ample room for dj, dancing, two food trucks, an ice cream cart and a photo booth. The staff at the Interpretive Center were a pleasure to work with from the moment we chose the date with them, and provided lots of valuable advice. I highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Christine · Married on 06/21/2014

A true hidden gem, PVIC was the perfect venue for our wedding. Private space, stunning views, helpful staff, and very willing to go above and beyond to make our wedding spectacular, we couldn't be happier with having our wedding at PVIC. It was a dream come true and the pictures are GORGEOUS. One great thing is that you don't need a lot of decor because the backdrop is so naturally beautiful that you can easily get away with minimal decoration. All of our guests raved about the uniqueness and beauty that PVIC provided for our day. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Kim · Married on 05/17/2014

PVIC is the best venue, gorgeous location with breathtaking views. The staff is fantastic, they have a good sized kitchen and provide tables and chairs. I can't say enough about this place.

Sent on 05/19/2014

• 31501 Palos Verdes Dr. W. Rancho Palos Verdes, CA, 90275 See on map
    Location of (Point Vicente Interpretive Center)