21100 Via Los Laureles, Murrieta, CA 92562 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Plateau Edge

The 9,500 sq. ft. Plateau House, a Cedar Lindal Design, and The Barn Pavilion, with its 3,000 sq ft of decks and 2,500 sq ft of patios is is beautifully situated on 5 wooded acres located on the edge of the Santa Rosa Ecological Reserve (8300 acres) where nature and eco-architecture harmonize to provide serenity, natural beauty, luxury and outdoor activities in a unique ecological environment. Conveniently located between LA and San Diego in Southern California's Wine Country(53 wineries and counting).

Plateau Edge Property sits 50 ft from the trailhead (horses and mountain bikes) to the Sylvan Meadows leading to wooded areas with streams, vernal pools, Manzanita, and grasslands dotted with rare and ancient Engleman Oaks. When at the house you can relax on one of the many decks, balconies, or patios, share a meal, enjoy the sunrise, the view of the mountains, plateau, and the valley, or a night full of stars! Every deck, balcony, and patio have amazing views! The Architecture has a lot of glass, so even from the inside you are always surrounded by the views and the beautiful nature of the area. One of the big decks have a pool that's set inside of it for fun and relaxation with a great view!

There are 11 bedrooms, 7 master suites, a family room, and a barn pavilion. There are 19 beds throughout (2 Cal Kings, 7 Queens (4 are sleeper sofas), 5 full size beds, 3 twins, and 2 full size beds on the outdoor balconies --- all designed for maximum comfort and privacy. The downstairs area, great room, family room kitchen and dining room all open up to each other and onto a 1,600 sq. ft. deck and a 600 ft. patio which connects to other decks and patios. The Barn Pavilion as the ability to be a game room or large dining room. There is a TV and large seating area for group movies, making the perfect place for gatherings!

Located just outside the La Cresta enclave, the property has 5 acres and is surrounded by the local vineyards, organic farms and horse ranches. the property is 3 miles from downtown Murrieta, 15 miles form Temecula Old Town and Wine Country, 12 miles form Pechanga Casino, and 60 mile from LA and San Diego.

• Morgan Estate
Real Weddings 7 Photos

2 Reviews for Plateau Edge

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2018

1.0

Owner stormed in during pictures and yelled at me

Our experience was very similar to the other review. Everything seemed so perfect in the beginning. The price was unbeatable and the venue was lovely. I’m realizing now they probably don’t have the proper wedding permits because they were very concerned the neighbors would get mad and call the cops. They told us we could have a few musicians come to play some Spanish guitar but when the guys showed up they were furious, the owner stormed into the room where I was getting pictures taken with my bridesmaids and started yelling at me in front of everyone. She finally agreed that they could stay but we weren’t allowed to plug into an amp (even on low). Being up on a hill with a breeze, sound carries, so although there was music being played, I walked down the aisle in silence because nobody could hear it. They counted our chairs, bossed around my family, yelled at my young cousins and tried to be my wedding coordinator. The owner came to turn all the lights off at 10pm and told my bartender he was going to have to clean up in the dark because the lights needed to be out. We outright refused because they were being so ridiculous, and I’m not making my bartender pack up in complete darkness. The house is decorated super weird but the outside makes for gorgeous pictures. Although most of our guests didn’t realize the extent of the rudeness and unprofessionalism and had a great time regardless, it’s not worth it the stress they caused. If I could do my wedding over again, I wouldn’t use Plateau Edge as a venue.

Sent on 08/17/2020

Alicia K.

1.0

Beware! Do not have your wedding or event here unless you want it to be ruined by the owner

When we reserved our dates for this VRBO/wedding venue everything seemed perfect. It wasn't until we showed up two days before the wedding for our reservation that we realized that Laura Komers was rude and unprofessional. She told us that she may show up at our wedding and pretend like we were family because the neighbors didn't like her doing events there and might call the cops on her. She also showed up the day of the wedding and counted the number of chairs we had set up. Threatening to come later in the night and shut the whole wedding down if we had one person over 50 on site (including catering and photography). I could continue but you get the idea. Save yourself the stress on your wedding day and find a legitimate venue. VRBO and Air B&B won't post negative reviews about event sites so keep that in mind if you research this property through those platforms. I would hate for anyone to go through what I did.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Plateau Edge FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 5978.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1094.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1226.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Lighting/Sound
    Linens
    Parking
    Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Farm/Ranch
    Mansion
    Winery
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Cake
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Outside Cake
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Markers
    Decor
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

2 Real Weddings

• 21100 Via Los Laureles Murrieta, CA, 92562 See on map
    Location of (Plateau Edge)