New York, NY 10014 Map · Phone number

3.0
      3.0
      1.0
      0.0

Hmmm, this is a tough one. I had a really difficult time choosing someone to do my hair for my wedding. I wanted a really specific look and every time I went to someone for a trial (I did three believe it or not!) it wasn't what I wanted and it all fell out. My mom got a recommendation for Pinned and Proper and when I had my trial with Lauren, I was extremely pleased. We booked her and everything seemed good. Fast forward to THE DAY before my wedding, my mom calls to confirm and Lauren says that she has a job opportunity for a photo shoot. She then explained she would need to come earlier and leave much earlier than originally discussed. Now to be completely honest, I should have put my foot down and told her no but I am a bit of a pushover so I reluctantly agreed. She did offer to come back to the reception location afterwards in order to make up for leaving early but I still wasn't happy. I just thought it was extremely unprofessional to put a bride in that position - especially the day before the wedding. We also were confused as to why she didn't call us sooner to let us know instead of waiting for my mother to call her to confirm. Anyway, it all turned out okay. My hair actually came out exactly how I wanted it - and her coming back worked out well too. My curls stayed in all day and looked beautiful. I really have mixed feelings about whether or not I would recommend her to a friend. She does AMAZING work but she is obviously a bit unreliable.

Sent on 08/29/2015

0.4
      0.5

I had Lauren for a trial two months before my wedding. It was for me, my MOH and mother and possibly one other. I ended up signing a contract with her about 20-25 days (because she took forever to get me the contract), for myself and 4 other women, (I added two more!) and I mailed her a $160 deposit. One of the women had to cancel due to a physical ailment, and we told this to Lauren two days before my wedding day and she said no way that we owed her the money for that person because any changes needed to happen 60 days prior to event day. She knew, as anyone who can read knows, we signed the contract far less than 60 days before the event day, and so that was literally impossible.

We were so disgusted with this answer, that she already took the $160 deposit and then wanted the additional $100 or she wasn't going to come - that we canceled her two days before my wedding. Which caused great anguish for any bride as you can imagine 2 days before their wedding. Luckily I went with the original company I was going to go with and it worked out wonderfully but then something else horrible happened on my actual wedding day- Lauren tried to steal my $500 that she would have received had she actually worked my wedding day (after she already cashed the $160 deposit weeks before), by running my card approximately 5 times again - ON my wedding day! My bank called me because there was suspicious activity and they blocked her from ever trying anything like that again -- but she legitimately tried to steal my money the day of my wedding when I had a million other things going on -- and then I get an email from her that morning saying she would still like to come, and is in the area? It was SO creepy. And I can not tell you how disgusted I am by every thing above - but the real sick part is that she tried to steal my money the day of my wedding. What an absolute nightmare, and its completely criminal and I will be taking this to the better business bureau.

Sent on 06/13/2016