181 Essex Street Unit E304, Boston, MA 02111 Map · Phone number

About Pink Orchid Designs

Custom designed and handmade invitations for all occasions.Menus, programs, birthday cards, and stationery all with your own personal style.

Have an idea for an invitation or card? Let Pink Orchid Designs make that idea come alive on paper!
Contact Emilie at info@pinkorchiddesigns.com for more information.

• Goosefish Press, Inc.
JenniferWinston6
LovebirdPocketfold1

3 Reviews for Pink Orchid Designs

Lindsay · Married on 06/19/2010

After spending weeks looking for the perfect wedding invitation and viewing sample after sample to no avail, we finally turned to Pink Orchid Designs (Emilie) for some help. Emilie custom designed our wedding invitations this summer (June 2010) and what an amazing job she did! Everything that we had requested/imagined for our wedding invitations was exactly what we got. We were so impressed by the professionalism and beauty of the invitations. The feedback from our guests was equally positive - with a resounding "how beautiful!" If you're looking for a beautiful, unique, custom-designed, professional invitation, I would highly recommend using Pink Orchard Designs. Thanks Emilie! :)

Sent on 06/23/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2010

I looked through many invitations before I found the perfect one by Pink Orchid Designs. I was planning my wedding in 90 days and contacted Emilie hoping she could make my invitations in time. We were having a small wedding and only needed 35 invitations, which also was no problem. Emilie responded through email quickly and sent me samples this way also. I was so impressed with my invitations, they were perfect. Color, design, and quality was perfect. They were the start to a great wedding. This is the place to get your invitations if you want something that will make a great impression.

Sent on 07/03/2010

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2010

1.2
      1.5
      2.0
      1.0

I had a very bad experience having my invitations done. I know that this company also does day-of coordinator services and I didn’t use them for that. My review is solely on invitation services. I thought a lot before putting this review up, but my experience was so negative, I don’t want other brides to go through it. Due to a sudden illness in the family, we had to plan a wedding fast (2 months). I saw these beautiful cherry blossom invitations online by Pink Orchid and fell in love with them immediately. We met with Emilie and everything seemed to go well that first meeting. However, everything after that was a negative experience. Don’t get me wrong, the invitations themselves were absolutely beautiful. However, interactions with Emilie after that were tense and strained. Every time I asked her for something, it felt like I was making an imposition on her. Every time I contacted her by email and phone, I felt like I was bothering her (no real warmth). My husband and I noticed address/name errors on some of the envelopes (about 2 or 3 of them?). This was completely my fault because I had spelled it wrong when I gave them to her, but I was still perturbed by the fact that she did not offer to correct them (I had to explicitly ask her and I felt, again, like I was bothering her). I just didn’t feel she was very professional. I know that we gave her a very short time frame, but on top of putting together a wedding on a budget (stressful on its own as we all know), we had a family illness to deal with and we were paying her for her services. I know that Emilie has a regular full-time job besides Pink Orchid, so the time crunch may have been stressful for her (to make a lot of invitations in a short time frame), but if you agree to do something, you should do so with a smile, right?

Here comes the worst part: the ink that she used on the envelopes smeared off when they went through the postal machines. So, we got several (6 so far) invitations returned back to us because the address was completely smeared off. Every time I got one, I overnighted the envelope in a USPS Overnight Envelope to the recipient with a note explaining what had happened. I just got another one today (June 2010) and my wedding was 2 months ago. Several people told me they did not get their invitations at all and two people told me that their RSVP cards got returned to them because of the address smearing off on the envelope. After maybe the 3rd of 4th envelope that was returned to me, I called Emilie to let her know what had happened. To her credit, she did apologize, but this did not make up for the fact that feelings were offended (by some who thought they were not invited because no invitation came) and I cried every time an invitation was returned because of the smearing and/or when someone called me to tell me that their RSVP card had returned to them (you know how emotional you get getting a wedding together, right?!). I was on a budget and the invitations were the most important part to me (I spent more on invitations than on my wedding dress, which I got at Priscilla of Boston) and the fact that I hired someone that did not know or test out that the ink they were using on shiny envelopes would smear off in the mail was devastating to me. Dealing with Emilie and the invitations put an added stressor on my wedding planning, which I really didn’t need.

Sent on 06/09/2010

Pink Orchid Designs's reply:

I posted about the cherry blossom invitations that I created for Jennifer here:
    We exchanged around 80 emails in a period of 15 days to finalize the design of the invitations, and I'm actually stunned that Jennifer thought that I was unprofessional in any way. Emails were always responded to promptly and nicely, and whenever speaking on the phone, I always spoke to Peter, her husband, who was always incredibly nice. When taking a look at the finished invitations before sending them out, Jennifer and Peter came to my home and read through all of the addresses that I had printed out on each envelope just to make sure that they were all correct, and found one (1) that was listed as Ms. instead of Mr. for the first line. This was directly from the address document that they had sent me, and they asked me if I could reprint the envelope for them, and I agreed to, of course. They both loved the invitations, and Peter even said that the invitations were "glorious". When they left an hour later, I was really excited that they were so happy with the invitations.

As for the addresses that smudged in mail, I have apologized profusely to them. I printed the addresses using a laser printer so I was as surprised as they were to find that some had smudged after going through the USPS sorting machine. I immediately contacted all of my other invitation clients at that time, to let them know that I could no longer print addresses directly on envelopes due to this one instance. I switched out to matte labels for some, and I hand addressed envelopes for others. After some USPS research, I found that the ink bonds to the paper differently depending on settings on the laser printer, and unfortunately, a small number of Jennifer's 160 invitations were affected when going through the high heat of the USPS mail sorter. The printer issue has since been tested and corrected.

Pink Orchid Designs FAQ

• What invitation and card products do you offer?
    Custom Invitations
  • What services do you provide?
    Assembly