$2,500
Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About A Piece of Cake Events, Inc.

A Piece of Cake Events® is here to helpyou celebrate and plan your special event so that you can be stress free. We can plan your event as extravagant or as simple as you desire. We’ll do as much or as little as you want. We are here to do all the work for you so you can relax and enjoy your event stress free. With our expertise, and many years of experience planning successful events, we can make your ideal event a piece of cake.

We plan all kinds of events such as: weddings, birthday parties, baby showers, corporate parties, family reunions, retirement parties
and much more...

Categories: Wedding Planner

Regions serviced: Seattle

Follow A Piece of Cake Events, Inc. on

11 Reviews for A Piece of Cake Events, Inc.

Ceremony (4)
Civil (1)
Cultural (1)
Destination (1)
Non-Religious (1)

I hired Dawnet for “partial planning” for my wedding, and I’m so glad I did. If you are looking for an experienced, hardworking, empathetic wedding planner, look no further. When I got engaged, I quickly felt overwhelmed searing for venues and vendors online. Dawnet adjusted her partial planning package based on my needs. She helped me a ton with the upfront planning. For our venue search, she listened to my criteria and sent me about 8 options to choose from and set up appointments. We loved our venue and would have never found it without her guidance. She helped the same way with every vendor. For example, instead of searching blindly for photographers in my area, she sent me 3 options that were in my price range and available on my date. She handled all the vendor communication and made the upfront of our wedding planning a breeze. Several vendors even offered a discount because I was working with Dawnet. During the lead up to the wedding, Dawnet’s package included flex hours. For example, she organized a design session for our rentals and florist and worked with me to settle on our reception look. She gave me tons of advice even when she wasn’t directly involved, was constantly available via text (or email, or for a phone call). The month of the wedding, Dawnet was invaluable. She created our timeline, coordinated with vendors, wedding party, and family, and generally made my life way easier. On the day of the wedding, Dawnet worked behind the scenes to make sure everything went flawlessly. I truly cannot imagine having a wedding without a day of coordinator (you would have to have at least 1 family member spend the day working). A lot of venues say that they have a coordinator for you (ours did). Dawnet’s help went so far above and beyond what the venue’s coordinator can give you. She is truly your advocate and someone who has your interests in mind. Thank you Dawnet for your fantastic work! I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone planning a WA wedding.

Profile Picture Sara, 8/5/18, 2 Reviews
3.8

It's hard to know what is considered normal for how the process goes with wedding coordination so I am having mixed emotions writing this review. Dawnet at APOC inc. was professional, organized, and responsive and was comfortable taking command as needed. However, sometimes the command seemed to be too much for what I was expecting of a coordinator. The weather for my wedding day was up in the air so I wanted to stick with Plan A for the setup. Dawnet seemed to be pushing for Plan B to avoid the additional work and time it would take to do the transition in case it rained. She felt the guests may be upset if they had to wait extra time to move things around, however didn't know our easy going crowd. The day of the wedding, the plan was for her to call one of my bridesmaids to make a final decision on what plan to go with at my request, but didn't call, and instead asked my husband, well didn't really ask, but strongly suggested Plan B, which I didn't really appreciate. It felt like she wanted her preferred plan to happen rather than work with what we wanted, which I thought is what wedding coordinators were for. I'm all for back up planning and other options being presented, but not someone else's agenda being pushed on us, since it was our wedding after all. Also, I was a bit disappointed with how some of the décor was set up, even after I sent a detailed list and map of where and how the décor should be set up, but I can imagine that is a hard task to carry out perfectly anyway. All that being said, there were several details that she took care of to make the event go as smoothly as it could, and her helper was also very sweet and doing what she could to help. I also appreciated that they were willing to go out of their way to show up to the venue earlier than planned to feel out the weather. If you don't want to make day-of decisions and have someone that can take the lead based on their years of experience, then Dawnet is the way to go.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Hayley, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

Dawnet is amazing! From the moment I woke up on the day of my wedding I had nothing to worry about because Dawnet had everything handled. She is a true professional and a joy to work with.

View Vendor Response