Picturist Photography

Aptos, CA View map Visit website
$4,500 Most Popular Price

$4,500 Most Popular Price

Picturist Photography is a wedding photography company based out of Aptos, California. Owner and lead photographer, Danieka Erasmus, is adept at capturing candid and dramatic moments as they unfold. Her distinctive style is characterized by its combination of photojournalist, cinematic, and contemporary aesthetics. Saturated with raw emotion and illuminated with vibrant colors, her images are sure to delight you and your loved ones.

Operating under a one-event-per-day policy, Picturist Photography guarantees that each wedding they serve will receive their undivided attention. Danieka can be joined by a second photographer upon request and offers additional hours for couples who want every magical moment captured. An array of photography items are available, such as albums, canvases, digital files, and prints. Danieka is also happy to conduct portrait and engagement photoshoots.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,900

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,500

2nd Shooter
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints
Save the Date

Maria N. Married on 04/03/2022

Amazing and beautiful photography

Amazing! Danieka took our engagement and wedding photos. She was so kind and professional that we felt so comfortable with her. She has an amazing and unique eye for photography. She truly captured beautiful moments of our wedding to look back on and relive over and over again.
  • Megan
    Megan H. Married on 01/02/2022

My favorite story

From New York, we planned our intimate wedding in California. We had our closest friends and family join us for our very own fairy tale wedding in the woods, and Danieka captured every single moment of it so beautifully.
    I found her through simple searches while planning, as I am not from the area. I loved her work and contacted her immediately. We set up a zoom call to meet (being 3,000 miles away), and she has been a true professional from the start. My husband and are not the “pose for photos” type (we are so awkward).. yet capturing the moments was extremely important to me- especially with our whole family being together. Danieka made it so easy. She directed us perfectly, yet also allowed everything to magically flow. She has a great passion for what she does and an extreme eye for detail. She was also so patient (believe me… getting ready was an ordeal).
    Receiving our photos felt just as good as our special day. She promised to tell a story and to me, it’s the best story ever told… We couldn’t be happier.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Team

Danieka Erasmus
Danieka Erasmus
Owner / Photographer

Hi, I'm Danieka Erasmus...

I'm the owner and photographer of Picturist Photography, a wedding photography company based in Santa Cruz, California.

After spending a year in the Netherlands touring excellent Museums and hidden Art Galleries, I decided to study Fine Arts. This, in turn, led me to photography.

Growing in Apartheid South Africa, I remember the photographs that made the world see what was really happening in the country. The photo by Sam Nzima of Hector Pieterson, a schoolboy, shot and killed by police during the Soweto uprising changed my whole life. It showed just how powerful tool photography could be.

The Art Nouveau movement has always been one of my favorites. Works like Gustav Klimt's the kiss is timelessly beautiful and joyous. I wanted to create work like that!

"To give people pleasure in the things they must use, [and] to give people pleasure in the things they must make"

This is how William Morris, one of the founders of Art Nouveau, described the movement's goal. Wedding photography is where I found this. It is the perfect blend of photojournalism and Fine Art!

I have been Capturing genuine, raw emotions while making creative, unique works of art since 2014 and could not imagine doing anything else!

2853 Wimbledon drive Aptos, CA, 95003
831 428 3925
Location of (Picturist Photography)

Other vendors in Monterey for your wedding