Photography By Jo

Staunton, VA View map Visit website
$4,000 Most Popular Price

$4,000 Most Popular Price

I’m Jo Mahaney, an Augusta County and Staunton wedding photographer dedicated to creating images that showcase the connection between each couple I get the joy of serving. There's nothing more personal than your wedding day. I consider it such an honor to be chosen to photograph these family moments. The instant they happen, the moment is gone. As much as we try to remember and cherish, our memories fade and our lives, families, faces, all change so fast. I want to preserve these memories and stories of your wedding day for you and your loved ones. My goal is to document the emotions and unique story of each wedding day as authentically and raw as the events unfolded. I specialize in documenting candid interaction and emotional expression. We spend our whole lives seeking joy and contentment, and I love that I get to spend my career celebrating and sharing love through Photography by Jo.

You’re here because you're a Virginia bride, groom, or are helping plan a really special wedding. I’m so glad you found me! If you didn’t know, I’m from the Roanoke area, but grew up in Staunton Virginia and started my wedding photography business there. In 2013, I moved out of state to attend Shepherd University in West Virginia. After college, I got married and landed in northern Virginia for a while. We have an adorable toddler together, and five crazy animals. Six years of NOVA, Washington D.C., and Baltimore weddings has me yearning for sweet southern ceremonies, small town sweethearts, and precious historic venues yet again. I moved home to Staunton n 2021, and am serving all of Virginia in 2022. For more about my approach to photography, history and education, family, and personal style, visit my about page.

After dozens of weddings, I have come to cherish the emotion in the transitional moments and unexpected experiences of each wedding day. I used to look forward to sunset portraits with my clients the most. But now, I love returning wedding photos filled with sweet looks between mother and son, bridesmaids wiping a tear away, the awe on a groom's face as he first sees his bride, and the giggling flower girl taking her dress for that first twirl. I will give you great portraits to hang on your walls too, but these unplanned and unposed memories are the moments that make your wedding unique and memorable.

Whether you realize it yet or not, choosing a wedding photographer is a very personal choice. Staunton is full of talented wedding photographers, and our style, approach, perspective, and demeanor are all a little different. I created this page to tell you all about how I work and make sure that we're a great match. If not, many of these of photographers are great friends of mine, who I'd love to introduce to you!

Finding your wedding vendors should feel like finding your dream team. They should be supportive, informative, and encouraging, in addition to being great at their profession. It's a special honor to be chosen to photograph each couple's union, and it's not lost on me what great trust these brides and grooms have in my ability to handle documenting their wedding day with care.

While wedding photography is a job to some, to me it is a life calling. There are wedding vendors who do their jobs, and there are wedding vendors who truly serve their clients. As your wedding photographer, I’ll start by giving you resources for mapping out the perfect stress-free timeline, finding other amazing vendors to support your vision, and planning an engagement session that will get you warmed up and ready for the camera on your wedding day. No two wedding days are the same, and I can't wait to hear about yours!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,000

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Albums
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints

Emily C. Married on 05/15/2022

What are you waiting for?? Do it!!!

If you are considering having Jo as your photographer for your engagement shoot, wedding shoot, family shot and more.. DO IT! Jo is incredible at what she does! My now husband and I never kissed until our wedding day and she helped us feel comfortable with each other and have fun at the same time. She is so easy to work with, on time, super professional but not stiff. She is so relational and kind. Her quality of work is out of this world! Do it. Do it. DO IT! YOU WONT REGRET IT!
    Cody A. Married on 12/06/2021

Thank you, Jo!

Jo did a mini shoot for my family and myself. Not only did we receive excellent photos, but we were made to feel comfortable. She made both the shoot and the entire process incredibly easy. We’d recommend her in a heartbeat!

Photography By Jo's reply:

You guys are too sweet! It was great seeing your family! Bring them back anytime. I'm determined to get a laugh out of your little girl!

Real Weddings

Team

Jordan
Jordan "Jo" Mahaney
Owner and Lead Photographer

Hi! My name is Jo Mahaney. In addition to being a wedding photographer, I have become a professional boutonniere pinner, bonus bridesmaid, master timeline creator, manipulator of light, and emotional confidant. Primarily, I am there as your wedding photographer to ensure that--although your memory will fade with time--these photographs serve as vivid reminders of the joy in the season and the relationships that matter most.

Photography by Jo began back in 2014 when I shot my first wedding for my roommates, while still in college. That year, I fell in love with weddings and have focused on those and other major family milestones ever since. Every minute, we are changing and growing. We never get these seconds back, but great photographs tangibly preserve memories of this life's most important moments. The relationships I get to build with my couples are the most rewarding part of being a wedding photographer. Photographing couples and families feels less like a job and more like celebrating with friends every single weekend! Photos (especially prints!) are how we share memories, and I love that I get to give that priceless piece of family history to all my couples!

Lastly, my business wouldn't be possible without the unending support of my husband, John

Staunton Staunton, VA, 24401
Location of (Photography By Jo)

Photography By Jo frequently asked questions

What photography services does Photography By Jo include in the starting price?

Photography By Jo includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Photography By Jo include in their most popular wedding package?

Photography By Jo includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Albums
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Photography By Jo offer?

Photography By Jo offers the following photography styles:
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional

What photography services does Photography By Jo offer?

Photography By Jo offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Photography By Jo offer for wedding events?

Photography By Jo offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Photography By Jo and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Photography By Jo is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding