Atlanta, GA 30319 Map · Phone number

About Peacock and Papaya

We know your future husband beat us to it, but we’d like to sweep you off your feet, too. Be it an outdoor summer wedding with summer’s most beautiful flowers or a cozy & romantic winter wedding in December’s most glamorous shade of white, we’re dedicated to crafting your picture perfect day. Combining talent and passion, we’re here to make certain your wedding day is your exact vision, and beyond every one of your dreams.

Your wedding day is the most special day of you and your loved one’s life together, and while it’s a day of utmost celebration, the days leading up can be far from the same bliss.

Founded on the idea that people shouldn’t have to pay for services they don’t need, Peacock Papaya approaches wedding planning from a different angle. All of our services are completely customizable and offer a la carte pricing. Peacock Papaya’s unique design enables you to create a package that helps in the places you need it most and allows you to forget about all the rest.

Whether its a little support in an area you’re uncertain about or full blown planning, Peacock Papaya has everything you need to relieve the stress of your big day. So forget about the cost, create a package that works for you.

Leave us to the details (we’re mildly obsessed with them), and we’ll leave you to the “you may now kiss the bride” moments.

Be prepared to share every detail of the engagement and every angle of your ring, and we’ll be prepared to make your day exceptional, unforgettable and more than you ever imagined it would be. We look forward to hearing from you, and

CONGRATULATIONS FUTURE BRIDE!

HeatherDeCampPhotography100
afcbd4ba24d89c42 1299182190709 dancefloorbig

5 Reviews for Peacock and Papaya

Sasha · Married on 07/28/2012

I was so blessed on my wedding day. It was a sunny 82 degree day at the end of July, I was surrounded by family and friends and I felt so much joy when I got to marry the love of my life. I was also blessed to have Shantel from Peacock and Papaya at my side throughout my entire wedding planning process. The BEST decision I made during the year that I planned my wedding was to hire Shantel.
    In the summer of 2011, my husband and I had just moved from New York to Chicago and we had set our wedding date for July 2012. The first thing I insisted on doing was finding a wedding coordinator. We finally found Shantel through a recommendation from a friend, and not only did her services and price match exactly what we were looking for, but her personality matched us perfectly as well. Between finding her and our first meeting with her, Nick and I actually won a wedding planning package from a different company from our church. When we went to meet with Shantel, we loved her so much that we decided to forgo the prize and go with Shantel. In the first meeting, she was so reassuring and so organized that I knew she would be the one to help us.
    Throughout the planning year, Shan was always available to help me find vendors that were in my price range and were also my personality match, she helped us work with vendors to get exactly what we wanted, and she even cheered me on in my DIY project endeavors. I am a self-professed procrastinator, so having Shantel there to keep me on task was necessary. She made sure that I got updated checklists and timelines.
    On my wedding day, everyone I interacted with-my "beauty" team, my photographers, the limo driver, my guests- said I looked so happy and joyful. The root of this joy was my love for my husband, but the reason I was able to give into that joy and enjoy my day was Shan. That day I did not have to worry about anything. She did all the set up, the crisis control during the day, and all the clean up.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Kathleen · Married on 04/28/2012

I have been married for almost a month by the time I start writing this review; not because I wanted to put it off, but for the sheer fact that I am unsure if I can fully equate my feelings about my wedding day and Shantel.

From the get go Shantel was not only professional but made me feel comfortable. At our first meeting she asked what was important to me as a bride and I stated all my DIY projects being displayed (I was a large DIY bride) but more importantly I wanted to be a guest at my wedding and enjoy the day. I have read and heard too many stories about brides who were stressed, upset, and pulled in too many different directions on their wedding and it was imperative to me that I was not one of them. I felt like my (now) husband and I spent too much money on our day to not enjoy it.

I must admit, at first my husband was skeptical about hiring a coordinator, he thought all the DIY projects was to save us money (which they were), so why spend some of our savings on something or someone we don’t need. Let me tell you, not only is hiring Shantel Khleif worth every penny you spend she is a darn good deal because as I reflect back on our wedding and the weeks leading up to it I realize knowing what I know now if I had to I would of gone without another vendor just so I could fit her into my budget.

Even though Shantel was my coordinator for the day, planning with her started weeks in advance. She sent e-mails just to see how planning was going and constantly reminded me if I needed anything, or even just to vent, I could give her a call. She had spreadsheets of all my vendors and contacted them to introduce herself, she even made an outline of payments due dates. Seriously, getting her spreadsheets and lists has made me a more organized person- lessons Shantel teaches that you can use far beyond your wedding day!

I sent her many pictures and told her last minute about many of my projects including: chair garland, drink mixers, menus, the whole kit and caboodle of true DIY bride; and not once did she make me feel like a fool for making these things. Also, she never made me feel like I was throwing too much at her. When I told her about something new she would genuinely get excited for me and in turn make my excitement grow. That’s the thing about Shantel, as beautiful as she is on the outside; she also carries that beauty on the inside through her genuine and kind personality. Meeting, let alone having the opportunity to spend so much time with someone like her, is a true rarity these days.

I could go on and on about the details and the days leading up to the wedding, so I’m going to stop here and fast forward to our rehearsal. It was a day that I had mix feelings about. I was excited but slightly annoyed because of the women our church has “lead” the rehearsal. From the get go they were a little intense (to put it mildly) and people like that just stress me out. These women allegedly direct weddings often at our church, but had no idea which way was up and which way was down. You would think people that “know it all” would actually know it all... but they didn’t. And they were rude. They were rude to me, and rude to Shantel. But this was the moment that I realized what a true professional she is. She was beyond courteous, respectful, and let them talk when they wanted. But she still took control, something I don’t think David Tutera himself could of accomplished. She got their phone number when they didn’t want to supply them (yeah, I saw that Shantel, you go girl!) and assured them that she would be there when they stated “well, the wedding is going to start even if you’re not here.” (She was in the area at 11:30am might I add, when our ceremony didn’t start until 3pm). I noticed all this going on and made some comments to Shantel about them, and you know what? Not one negative thing came out of her mouth. That’s probably one of the things I love about her most. She is, honestly, one of the most positive people I have ever met in my life. And that my friend is a true professional.

The night before my wedding (our rehearsal was on a Thursday and we got married on Saturday). I had to write her an email to thank her and let her how much I was enjoying myself. Seriously, the night before my wedding and I was in the house that I grew up in laughing with my mom, dad, and sister. Without her there is no way that would have been possible. There was not a thing I was worried about. Nada. I knew if anything went wrong she had it covered, and because of that I was even able to sleep a few hours (pure excitement, of course, kept me up most of the night!)

The morning of the wedding I was at the hair salon in Chicago and I received a text from Shantel wishing me a “happy wedding day” and letting me know when she would be arriving at the hotel. The actual hotel/church/venue is 45 minutes north from Chicago. When we were almost to the hotel Shantel let me know that she arrived to the area early and was stopping by my (now) in-laws to get my husband’s overnight bag for the hotel; something we both forgot! When we arrived at the hotel Shantel was there within 10 minutes and when I saw her, it hit me. It was my very own “I’m getting married today!” moment! I started crying when I saw her, just because I was so overwhelmed with how at ease I felt, and how excited I was.

Behind the scenes I know there must have been a lot going on. When I arrived to the church everything was perfect. After the ceremony our photographer had us take pictures by the church, and then we made our way over to the reception; where we took pictures outside. My photographer suggested that the bridal party drop their purses etc off inside so we went in (a full hour before the reception started), and I was blown away. Actually, blown away is and under statement. I was floored, amazed, and almost dumbfounded. Shantel took everything I made, bought, and borrowed into the most amazing decor. She literally transformed our venue.

The rest of the night couldn’t have been more perfect. I had mentioned in passing to Shantel that I thought it would be funny if we were introduced at the reception while a Keisha song played. I said I would find one, but I completely forgot. Shantel reminded me, and she and the DJ picked one out. It was hilarious because my husband loves Keisha (embarrassing but true!) The little details like that are what made the night truly unforgettable for me.

Looking back on our wedding day I realize that a lot of people came together to make it possible. We had a florist, DJ, other vendors, family, friends, and all my DIY projects. But nothing and no one would have come together if it wasn’t for Shantel.

Guests of ours are still talking to us, my parents, and in-laws about how much fun they had, and how much fun Jon and I looked like we were having. One of my mom’s friends wrote me a two page letter thanking us and stating she has never been to such a fun and beautiful wedding, and she used to be an event planner herself! We were able to dance almost the whole night, and when not dancing we were talking to our guests. I never had to question when something was going to happen or who was doing it because I knew she had it covered. If something went wrong, not only did I not notice, I didn’t really care because I knew Shantel had it covered.

Oh yeah, about my husband not seeing the point of hiring a coordinator? He is a full convert now and also believes hiring Shantel Khleif was the best money we spent.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Larry · Married on 09/03/2011

Our wedding ceremony was planned by WeddingsByShan.com and we experienced a personable wedding planner in Ms. Khleif, who removed all the stress of our wedding planning by taking care of every aspect of the wedding to include vendor arraignments, service provider options, a wedding checklist and structured timeline.

We found Shantel to be exceptionally easy to communicate with who offered help at every turn, listened to our concerns, was friendly and caring toward us, and a pleasure to work with.

All vendor arraignments and special wedding planning was on a detailed schedule wedding planner checklist so that all our required activities were made known to us well in advance and met in a timely manor which was planned well within our busy schedule prior to the wedding ceremony.

The wedding ceremony (a choice of several wedding packages) was conducted on the Spirit of Chicago cruise ship, with a staff that treated us like celebrities, under a sunny Chicago sky, on the beautiful waters of Lake Michigan which made the wedding a unique and memorable occasion for us. We will certainly be using the services of WeddingsByShan for all of our event planning in Chicago in the near future.

Larry & Belle Mastel

P.S. Shan was able to deliver well below our allowed wedding budget by negotiating the best deals with vendors and suppliers. We could not have been happier!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Award

Peacock and Papaya FAQ

• Natural Beauties Floral, Inc.
    Natural Beauties Floral, Inc. Wedding Florists

We have gotten the pleasure to work with Shan! She is amazing at organizing, planning, and bringing ideas to any celebration. If you are looking for a day of coordination or wedding planner, she and her team will surpass your expectations.

• Meredith Lilly, Inc. Founding Consultant - Lindsey Bumpass
    Meredith Lilly, Inc. Founding Consultant - Lindsey Bumpass Wedding Favors

Shantel is great. She is open to new ideas and wants to provide brides an unique experience.

• Windy City Mix
    Windy City Mix Wedding DJs

I've had the pleasure of meeting this young lady and was very impressed from the beginning. She has all her ducks in a row and seems to be very detailed and super caring and considerate about her clients. Definitely a vendor we are extremely eager to work with. Catch her live at the 2011 Matrix Bridal Expo, Sunday April 10, 2011!

• Atlanta, 30319 See on map