by appointment only, El Cerrito, CA 94530 Map · Phone number

About Patricia Gibbons, Floral Designs

Pat Gibbons' floral design studio is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, just north of Berkeley. For the past 26 years, Pat has offered personalized service and innovative designs for each of her clients, building a reputation for excellence. She is well known for her original flair with color and texture and design.

• Bloom Gallery
  • Sally Sparks Flowers & Design
  • Floramor
  • Florals By Adena
Tall centerpiece with purple phalaenopsis orchids, kale, raspberries and horsetail reeds
bouquets003
Patricia Gibbons, Floral Designs
A low arrangement of kale, dahlias, roses, fiddlehead ferns, roses and grasses are used in this...
Low, Ikebana style design with calla lilies and sunset protea
Low, Ikebana style design with calla lilies and sunset protea
Low centerpiece designed with hydrangea, roses, fruit and textured accents
Low centerpiece designed with hydrangea, roses, fruit and textured accents
Bridal bouquet  and flower girl's bouquet designed with apricot calla lilies, roses, hypericum...
Bridal bouquet and flower girl's bouquet designed with apricot calla lilies, roses, hypericum...
All white modern bouquet designed with phalaneopsis, hydrangeas and bleached curly willow and french...
bouquets003

7 Reviews for Patricia Gibbons, Floral Designs

I am so lucky that I found Pat! I live in Chicago, my family is from Dallas and got married in Sonoma so the wedding was quite the balancing act. Luckily, from our first consultation Pat totally understood my vision, was super flexible and worked within my budget. I was so thrilled with the end result and we got so many compliments on the florals. Truly the most gorgeous florals I have ever seen at any wedding. If you are looking for a true floral professional in the NorCal area, you must work with Pat.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Caren · Married on 04/23/2011

Patricia Gibbons did a beautiful job on all the flower arrangements for my wedding. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted when I met with Patricia the first time. I didn't know what color(s) I wanted and didn't know what type of flowers I wanted, I was completely clueless. Patricia was very patient and guided me through my choices and the end result was perfect. My bouquet and the floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful, we were so happy with the results. I couldn't believe she could do such a fabulous job considering how little input I gave her. I would highly recommend Patricia for anyone looking for a floral designer for their wedding.

Sent on 04/02/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/23/2010

If you read nothing else of this review (as it really is more like a novel now ;) ), suffice it to say that I am flower knowledgable and picky; Pat Gibbon's delivered on providing wedding flowers beyond anything I could have imagined and the designs were absolutely perfect. Oh, and seriously fair-priced to boot.

I am an avid gardener and demanded unique flowers for my wedding. Upon meeting Pat, I declared that I wanted whimsical, yet formal designs that were much more interesting and unusual than typical wedding flowers.

I pride myself on my ability to distinguish the dendrobiums from the cymbidiums, and if my husband wants to make my day, he gets bonus points for gifting a houseplant or succulent with roots and dirt attached over a dome shaped arrangement of perfect rosebuds. So basically, no roses or phalaenopsis allowed. I wanted texture and interest, succulents and hanging berries, proteas and fiddleheads, unshaped and unconfined arrangements. Wow, I was a pretty difficult client :).

Pat listened well, made excellent recommendations and tactfully corrected my selections. She wasn't afraid to say that the some of my favorite inspiration pictures were not formal enough for my venue. She pointed out when flowers I liked were out of season, and suggested better priced alternatives. She helped define the perfect purples and dissuaded me from omitting white from my bridal bouquet (thank you!!!! What I wanted WAS too colorful!).

All of this is great and dandy, but at some point in the process you realize that, to some extent, you have no idea of what you're going to get. Our conversations with Pat were 6-8 months prior to our wedding. As much as I like flowers, I didn't know what was in season, what would be available at the flower market and well-priced the week of my wedding, and ultimately I don't have the flower expertise to visualize how all of our conversations translate into arrangements. So we put our faith in Pat, trusted her understanding of our aesthetic, and put stock in her editing skills.

I had extremely high expectations. The results blew me away. The woman brought lotus pods out of her arsenal!

OK, so the the bride likes her bouquet and dad's boutonniere is dashing, happy customers, all good. Who else really cares about my wedding flowers, right? No less than ten guests made a point to tell me in my 2 minute average conversation with each of them, how exquisite our flowers were. At the end of the night, there were serious fights over who got to take home arrangements. Poor mom didn't get in on the action early enough, so I had to pull in some serious favors to reclaim a vase for her. I'm still hearing the rave reviews about how "friends knew I was into flowers and wow, how that came across at our wedding." A+ work, Pat. I am so happy we trusted you with our flower vision :).

Oh, and bonus points, it rained on my wedding day and Pat was out there practically in a poncho with a smile putting the finishing touches on our flowers. :)

Sent on 12/18/2010

Patricia Gibbons, Floral Designs FAQ

$ 3433
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Glamorous
    Modern
    Romantic
    Rustic
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Chuppah Decor
    Corsages
    Flower Petals

• Berkeley City Club Historic Weddings

Pat makes the most amazing floral pieces. We've had the pleasure of working with her on multiple weddings and each time she amazes me more and more with her simple to elaborate pieces.

• Bella Celebrations Wedding Planners

I have worked with Pat on countless weddings and events and find her one of the most creative, talented and gracious floral designers. My clients ALWAYS love her work, and I can't say how much I enjoy working with her.

• by appointment only El Cerrito, 94530 See on map
    Location of (Patricia Gibbons, Floral Designs)