4918 Plaza Way, Richmond, CA 94804 Map · Phone number

About Paper Monkey Press

Paper Monkey Press is a small letterpress and design studio located in the East Bay area of Northern California. We specialize in custom projects of all sorts -- from small runs of calling cards, to artist prints, custom folios, full wedding sets, Bar Mitzvahs and Bat Mitzvahs.

Since we began in the spring of 2000, we have strived to be an eco-conscious studio; in every aspect from paper and inks we choose to our recycling and commute habits (none! we work at home.) so you can be assured of not only a beautiful final project, but also an eco-friendly one.

We are happy to print your already designed project, work with you to develop or refine a design concept you have, OR we are talented designers that can be at your beck and call to work with you one on one to create a unique design from scratch. However you want to work, we will do our best to accommodate you! We work with and ship to clients all over the country and world. Our Graphic Design services include: Logo design, business collateral design, corporate summit packages, brochures, special event invitations,websites, menus, posters, custom wedding sets... pretty much anything you need we can create it and make it look fabulous.

All letterpress projects are done onsite on our very capable Chandler and Price press, Bessie- who has been doing excellent work for almost a century now, and we also work with some amazing offset printers around the country so that we can provide you with print services for all sorts of projects big and small, no matter where you are located.

If you would like a quote for an upcoming project, please email or fax us as much information as you have about your job (a .pdf is needed if you will be submitting a job for us to print) so that we can give you an accurate estimate. Please include: quantity, approximate size, paper preference if known, number of colors you want per piece and most importantly -- the timing i.e. when you can get the files to us, and the due date of your project.

As we are a small studio, we sometimes get booked in advance, so please plan ahead, especially for large projects or during the spring wedding season

Follow Paper Monkey Press on

nickellenwaxseal
2jkcover
vasiana1
nickellenwaxseal
2jkcover
vasiana1

5 Reviews for Paper Monkey Press

Rori of Paper Monkey Press was absolutely amazing! I designed our own invites and details cards with a free trial of Adobe Illustrator, and I wanted to have them letterpress printed. I know that professional designers in the Bay area use Rori, and I was so happy that she was willing to work directly with me given our need to be thrifty.

Rori was super helpful in telling me what she needed from the files. Most importantly, she was able to take hand-drawn images I scanned as PDFs and sent to her and she sent them right back to me as live traced vectors embedded in my .ai files so I could resize and move them just as I needed.

Our invites came out perfectly with wonderful Crane Lettra paper and gorgeous ink and at a very reasonable price. She even made a stamp for us to use so that we could save money on envelopes. (Plus, stamps are super fun! STAMP STAMP STAMP STAMP)

She shipped the final product to us exactly when she said she would and it might have been the most adorable package I've ever received - who still uses string to tie up bundles? Even UPS took the string off of its logo.

I couldn't be happier with Paper Monkey Press. Everything - the timely email correspondence, the help with design and Illustrator files, and of course the final invites themselves - was perfect and amazing. If I could give eighteen stars, I would.

I absolutely loved my wedding invitations from Paper Monkey Press. The quality was amazing and they were very professional.

Danielle · Married on 09/04/2011

I always dreamed of letterpress EVERYTHING for my wedding, but knew it was a costly option. I splurged for this treat on the actual invites and return cards, but did everything else on my own. I'm really glad I had the letterpress invitations made because even if you're doing a "simple" wedding (like we did), they really bring a feel of beauty and uniqueness to your event.
    Rory was a fantastic vendor to work with. She explained everything to me from start to finish and helped me keep costs down by suggesting where to purchase envelopes outside of her service (since I wasn't getting them personalized). She explained the costs, the options, the paper, the ink, etc. She really knows her stuff.
    I would love to work with them again as they delivered a PERFECT product. I actually jumped up and down and carried my invites throughout my entire office once I received them. It really made it feel like we were getting married. What a difference letterpress makes!

Paper Monkey Press FAQ