About Palmetto Strings

Classical and Jazz Music for Weddings and Events in Charleston, SC
Located in Charleston, SC, Palmetto Strings provides classical music for wedding ceremonies, receptions and corporate events. We are a community of musicians from members of the Charleston Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Music Ensembles, music professors, teachers, and music graduates, forming a few different ensembles.

We invite you to hear a few of our musicians perform, live at some of the most prestigious restaurants in Charleston every week - including the Charleston Grill and the 5-Star Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island.
Contact us for more information.

Instrumentations include:
Solo: violin, viola, cello, classical guitar, or voice
Duo: violin, cello | violin, guitar
Trio: violin, viola, cello | violin, guitar, cello
Quartet: violins, viola, cello

Instrumental-Duo (6)
String-Trio (4)
Viola (3)
Guitar (2)

Palmetto Strings was absolutely fabulous for our wedding last weekend. We used them for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were absolutely amazing. They were so easy to work with, gave me great advice on what songs to choose and were so professional. They really gave such a beautiful, romantic vibe to our wedding at Magnolia. I can’t recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Abigail, 2/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Guitar, Violin

We had a duo for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in November. Palmetto Strings did such an amazing job and we had so many comments from guests how amazingly beautiful they played. My husband who had a front row view for the whole wedding said it was just perfect when the strings started up as the wedding procession began. Lauren was so responsive and easy to work with. We met with her over coffee and there was a song I had in mind for when I walked down the aisle. She was so great at looking at the score I brought and I remember hearing it as I prepared to walk down the aisle. Everything was just perfect and so memorable. We would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lani, 11/4/17, 7 Reviews

11 Photos

My Photo Album

11 Photos

3 ENDORSEMENTS
Always our go-to for ceremony strings! Reliable, professional, amazing musicians! We love working with Palmetto Strings!

As a DJ, I am able to play ANYTHING the bride and groom request, and by the original artist. However, when it comes to live music for the ceremony, you can't beat live strings! Sure, mine will sound like the original artist because I play the "original artists''" work. There is something to be said about having actual stringed instruments playing for your ceremony. When you choose to do just that, I recommend Palmetto Strings!

Palmetto Strings... WOW! We are completely blown away by them every time! They are phenomenal musicians! Each wedding we have the privilege of working with them at, they pull out something new. They can perform classical music without missing a note, then play something new, modern and unexpected like Coldplay or The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Everything they play is absolutely beautiful. They are also super nice and wonderful to work with!

Events