5621 Montemalaga Drive, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275 Map · Phone number

CMF42751
IMG1098

4 Reviews for Pacific Ridge

S · Married on 09/13/2008

I loved my Officiant! I am Catholic and my Husband is Agnostic, so I knew right away the Catholic church was out of the question. We agreed that we wanted to have a nice civil ceremony, but with Religious notes. Rev. Morehouse was the perfect pick! We met with him in his office and my husband and I both spoke about our families and asked for how we could incorporate religious traditions without offending anyone. Rev. Morehouse gave us a sample of one of his ceremonies that he used and it was just what we were looking for! Plus the ceremony wasn't a long winded ceremony. About 30 minutes tops so that the guests were antsy in their chairs! We couldn't ask for anyone better!

• mariesha

Marie · Married on 07/05/2008

Amazing location overlooking the Southbay! They are very welcoming no need to be Unitarian to use venue. Eveyone there went beyond their duties before and after the wedding day. Its ideal for an outdoor ceremony, but has a nice space for indoor weddings as well. Had the reception there too, has a great kitchen. Use of the bride room and grooms room were great, there's a playground to keep the little ones entertained.

At night, everything is dark and you get an amazing view of the city.

I chose this location strictly for reception services since it was close to our ceremony locaiton, The Neighborhood Church. They are not as fancy as the Neighborhood Church, but they are a secluded single wedding location with a gorgeous hilltop view overlooking the South Bay area. The service of the staff was fantastic. Everyone is on top of the details there, very responsive and I had no issues even when choosing to do the longest reception I possibly could at that location - 7 hours!

One thing to consider is that this location is in a residential area so receptions cannot go past 10pm and if you choose to play music outside, then you can't be blaring the stereo system. We had no issues since we did the main reception indoors, but it is something to consider. Also, they are not necessarily the cheapest in the area, but one of the best values. As long as you do a standard length of time (not a 7 hour reception!) then the venue pricing should be completely reasonable. Keep in mind this is just a venue, no catering is included in the cost, however they do have tables and chairs (a couple options) available to you with the venue.

The only complaint I had the day of was that it happened to be the hottest day of the summer, and as it is that indoor location being all windows takes in a lot of sunlight. Even with the air conditioning on full blast we were sweltering indoors. Something needs to be done about that because no one wants uncomfortable guests.

Pacific Ridge FAQ