2-400
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Orchard Wedding

Flexible and Affordable

Enjoy your special day with your ceremony in the beauty of nature in the middle of a historic apple orchard or by getting married on the dock of our pond.  Celebrate your reception in one of two barns that offer modern amenities, changing room, & kitchen.  Delight in the freedom to easily plan with flexibility & affordability by choosing your own vendors to assist you.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Regions serviced: Grand Rapids

5 Reviews for Orchard Wedding

Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)

I have not had my wedding yet, but everything so far about this place I love. They are very responsive and reasonable. will update my review when the time comes.

Profile Picture User5438335, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
4.2

We love the Country Mill and wanted to get married there since that was where we went on our first date. We were bummed that the barn was book so far in advance but then Steve told us that they now have ceremonies at the pond and we wanted to have our ceremony at the pond so it worked wonderfully and it was cheaper! There were a few things we didn't like. We were told the wagons that carried everyone to the site would act as a wall to shield us from the wedding guests we didn't know that the windows were open & people could see through & see us waiting in line to walk down the aisle. There are 2 trees that you go between that are Very close together, my dress was big & my dad & I could not walk next to each other through them, I had to go first and then he followed. The ground was not flat out by the pond so older family had a hard time walking when we were taking pictures. Our reception was in the Winery Barn (the store). People sitting by the bar couldn't hear the DJ & couldn't see the cake, my grandma missed us cutting our cake. The bridal room is very small & upstairs, we knew this when we decided to have the wedding there. I didn't realize how hard it would be to walk down the stairs in my dress. The shape of the barn was not ideal for us, maybe if we put a speaker back by the bar and got ready somewhere else. I understand now why the bigger barn is sold out so far in advance. Steve was wonderful to work with he answered questions & let us come out and look around whenever we asked, we had a problem with him not receiving my emails so I started texting him and it was fine. He was great communicating with our cater, photographer and cake person.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Steve was helpful and was good at email correspondence. The wedding day ended up being beautiful weather, and we got a number of compliments on the setting for the ceremony in the orchard. In late July there were small green apples on the trees, which worked well with the shades of green that were my wedding's colors.
We had a little more than 200 guests and the barn garage doors were opened up for better air flow. It also worked out well for pictures, because more light was able to get into the barn.

Profile Picture Tessa, 7/26/14, 5 Reviews