6212 S Pinnace Place, Sioux Falls, SD 57108 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About Open Space

Open Space is a wedding venue located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. A roomy and welcoming property, the venue is a canvas that couples can use to create their dream event. Offering multiple well-equipped spaces, it is a flexible space that can be adapted for parties of all sizes. Located in the heart Sioux Falls, the venue is accessible for guests arriving from far and wide.

Facilities and Capacity

Open Space is a venue that welcomes gatherings of friends and family. Parties can celebrate across several distinct spaces, each designed in a refined manner and filled with natural light. The largest, the Great Room, is a multi-use hall that can be adapted for both ceremonies and receptions. Its unassuming decor invites couples to use their imaginations and make the space their own by decorating according to their tastes. Elegant touches can be seen in the form of its crystal chandelier and arched windows. Adjacent to the Great Room is The Lounge. This relaxed setting features comfortable furniture, encouraging guests to unwind and enjoy one another’s company. Its kitchenette is ideal for caterers serving glasses of champagne, welcoming guests to raise a glass to love. The Conference Room provides a smaller space that serves a dual purpose. Outdoors, the Courtyard is a charming setting in which to celebrate in the fresh air. Here ceremonies can be held, framed by a wealth of plant life, and a table can set up on its flagstones for an elegant reception. As dusk falls, tasteful uplighting creates an intimate atmosphere amongst the trees. There is ample parking available on-site.

The staff of Open Space offers attentive service to couples. They can provide access to audiovisual equipment and can organize furniture rental as needed. They are also happy to help with the setup and cleanup of events, allowing couples to relax and enjoy their day without worry.

img 2158 51 1045311 159406487522476

1.6
      2.0
      3.0

Booked for Bridal Shower

wasn't going to write a review until Lynette left me a very passive agressive voicemail after recieving a review from one of my guests. This space was rented for my bridal shower. When it was rented I was told we would be allowed to set up at 1. The day of I asked again how soon and she now said 1:30 but let in my sister at 1:20. I wasn't happy but not a big deal. What really upset me was Lynette was told the event was from 2 - 5 and showed up at 445 and started taking down tables before the event was even over. This could have been avoided if she communicated this when I made the rental so my sister could have planned the event accodingly. She did text me at 430 to say we had to be out by 5, but I was enjoying my bridal shower and not on my phone. Several guests who helped Lynette clean up who didnt need to also told me she was rude to them as well. If she would have sincerly apoligized I would have asked my guest to remove the review instead of saying " this is a business and I had another event" I'm not resposible for you giving yourself a short window between events. You did not fulfill the promises you made when we rented the facility.

Sent on 08/04/2020

Open Space's reply:

Abby I am sincerely sorry you feel you were treated unfairly. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I will address each of your comments.

When we do walk through we let you know that you get a half hour at the beginning of your rental for decorating that we do not charge you for. If there is nothing booked before your event we will extend this. Everyone who rents get this same courtesy. When renting with us it isn’t customary for us to set up tables unless you have paid the fee for this or we have worked something out before hand.

At 705am you messaged me asking what time your mom and sister could set up. I then said 130 as we had a celebration of life that morning. Your mom and sister came at 115 which was just fine. Because we had an event earlier that morning we left tables up and put up additional tables for your use before they arrived. I felt this would help with your special day. I showed your mom and sister the music and also informed them that I would be back at 5 when you were finished because we had an improv show that evening.

I am sorry you didn’t get the reminder I send half way thru your shower. When I arrived at 5 people were filtering out. You are correct that I started to fold up chairs. You rental ended at 5. This means that customarily everyone and everything should be cleaned up and guests should be leaving.

We leave an hour between events so that we can clean up and get ready for next event. I sent you a text after you left apologizing for setting up while you were still there. After getting a review from a guest I did call you and I did leave you a message explaining that you did set up early and explaining policy about leaving when your rental time is reached.

I am glad that you chose to have your shower at Open Space and we are sorry that you felt that you were treated unfairly. We strive to give each guest a good experience.

We encourage each guest reading this to please contact us. Our business is to help guests celebrate. We would not have a business without each of you. As much as we try to exceed everyone’s expectations I am sorry we fell short of that.

Thanks for celebrating with us.

This event was in Feb of 2019. We registered on wedding wire 1 month ago.

Open Space Pricing

Open Space Price Rates

Open Space FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1000
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1000
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1000
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1000
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    Clean Up
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
    4 rooms
  • Describe your venue:
    Garden
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Clean Up
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Outside Cake
    Plated
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Chair Covers
    Dance Floor
    Decor
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January

• 6212 S Pinnace Place Sioux Falls, SD, 57108 See on map
    605-929-9576 (Phone number)
    Location of (Open Space)

Open Space frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Open Space?

Open Space includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:

• Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

What are the most important characteristics of Open Space in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Open Space for wedding events is known for:

• Garden

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Open Space for wedding events?

Open Space offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:

• Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Open Space offer?

Open Space offers the following types of wedding events:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does Open Space offer for wedding events?

Open Space offers the following services for wedding events:

• All Inclusive Packages
  • Clean Up
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Outside Vendors
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does Open Space have available for wedding events?

Open Space offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:

• Chairs
  • Chair Covers
  • Dance Floor
  • Decor
  • Furniture
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend Open Space and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Open Space is recommended by 50% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 3.3 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.0 in value, 3.5 in average response time, 3.0 in quality of service, 3.0 in flexibility and 3.0 in professionalism.