139 richmond street, El Segundo, CA 90245 Map · Phone number

About occasions

Thank you for your interest in Occasions, El Segundo for your special event needs. Occasions is a 1920's reception room and garden featuring classic styling and casual elegance. Our beautiful garden is surrounded by trees and a border of multicolored blooms. A flagstone path creates the perfect entryway to our beautiful iron gazebo while a waterfall and stream flows into a koi pond accentuate the tranquil setting. At night, the starry sky seems to come all the way down to the ground, thanks to thousands of Tivoli lights glowing in the surrounding hedges, arches and trees. Our elegant Heritage Room boasts antique brickwork, moldings, french doors and huge skylights that floods the room with natural light.

W MOliver 07 UE 0116
W MOliver 07 UE 0116

11 Reviews for occasions

Anna · Married on 12/04/2010

Excellent place to have a small, quaint wedding. It felt like The Secret Garden. The food was delicious. Audrey was a pleasure to work with. All of our guests loved how intimate our wedding was, and it felt really magical. My husband was very happy with how everything turned out, and it was so easy. We had neautral linens with antique champagne colors.

Sent on 01/02/2011

Josie · Married on 09/25/2010

This is a quaint beautiful gem in El Segundo. I had never heard of it before getting a reccomendation from my florist. When my fiance and I went to check it out, it was amazingly beautiful and perfect for our smaller wedding of 100 guests. The food was fantastic and it was just perfect for our secret garden theme. Audrey is a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 11/08/2010
  • cleotaud

Claudia · Married on 08/07/2010

Audrey and her staff were fantastic! We had our reception at Occasions earlier this month and we loved it. Throughout all of the planning, she was great about responding to my never-ending questions and accommodating for numerous visits with my family. She gave us lots of feedback about everything including linens, DJ, flowers, bar, setup, etc.

We were able to provide our own alcohol (selling point for my dad). Everyone raved about the food that night and weeks after the reception. While I didn't get to see the garden in the back on the night of the event (too busy mingling and enjoying the party) even though it was another selling point, our guests really enjoyed it for cocktail hour. The space was perfect for our wedding size, 125, without feeling too crowded or too much open space. And since my husband and I were too busy to eat much of our fabulous dinner that night, Audrey graciously agreed to cook us the same meal for our anniversary next year :)

Sent on 08/31/2010