13 School Street, Rochester, VT 05767 Map · Phone number

About Occasions Catering

Local Vermont caterer focusing on fresh food, discreet professional service and expert planning. We also offer catering bar services at our venue the 1824 House or your own.

Follow Occasions Catering on

Photo Credit: Orchard Cover Photography
wedding 34
Dreamlove Photography
Dreamlove Photography
One of our elaborate cheese tables - this one had a Mediterranean theme.
One of our elaborate cheese tables - this one had a Mediterranean theme.
Photo credit: Ampersand Photography
Photo credit: Ampersand Photography
2012081105 45 47
2f1d5291f7643bfa 1487270372288 wedding 52

28 Reviews for Occasions Catering

Lindsay Kolb · Married on 08/24/2019

Wish I could redo the wedding just for the food!

There are so many things to think about when planning a wedding. It is completely overwhelming to think about all the options out there and deciding which vendors to use. We knew food had to be the top priority. After looking at several venues and being underwhelmed by our options, Connie made the trip over to our house (an hour drive) and not only provided the best food, wine and liquor menu options, but also took the time to walk our family property and gave advice on what our VT August outside wedding could look like (my childhood dream). We chose our home as the venue based off of Connie's vision and support (what other caterer would also help map out your property for several hours?) This team goes above and beyond and was available for every question/concern we had throughout the entire planning process. After committing to the date based off of Occasions availability, the planning begins and I knew I wanted the farmhouse and round tables covered in an elegant linen. As there are millions of options out there and I once again was overwhelmed, Hallie immediately narrowed in on my vision and provided samples (along with comparisons) and made the linen choice effortless. By hiring Occasions Catering, you are investing in professional, caring, calming and passionate people. I had several unique menu requests (my mothers recipes) and Connie and the chef were happy to accommodate and recreated the recipes exactly as I had envisioned. There are so many things you have to worry about leading up to and on the big day, but Connie and her team navigated my family throughout the whole process and blew everyone away with their spectacular cheese board, chicken and waffles snack (the best thing I've ever eaten) and maple pork tenderloin (just to name a few). You will be making the smartest decision for your wedding by hiring Occasions Catering. Hoping they open a restaurant so I can enjoy their food whenever I am in their area :)

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Shea · Married on 06/22/2019

Extremely flexible Caterer with Delicious Creative Cuisine!

My husband and I booked Occasions Catering for our wedding and the food was amazing! We had our wedding at Knoll Farm in Waitsfield, which is not the easiest setting for caterers as there isn't a professional kitchen, but Hallie and her team were very flexible and did a fantastic job. They helped us order all the tables, chairs, linens, and chinaware, which made the planning so much easier for us. Hallie was also great with last minute requests and when a few guests who had RSVPed that they weren't attending showed up, Hallie and her team quickly set up some extra places for them. So many guests came up to me afterwards and told me how fabulous all the food was and how much they appreciated that there was something for everyone (Hallie made sure they were gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and dairy-free options). I, in particular, really loved the summer squash casserole, the Vietnamese steak salad, and the chicken piccata. We also went with fruit pies for dessert and did not regret it! I would definitely recommend Occasions to anyone looking for a great caterer! :)

Sent on 07/07/2019

Ron B. · Married on 01/13/2018

Flawless / Exceeded my Expectations

From start to finish, Occasions Catering exceeded my expectations. They were incredible responsive, had helpful recommendations throughout the planning process, and executed everything perfectly. We were planning a small brunch for family the day after our wedding. Despite the fact that we live out of state, were hosting at a venue without a kitchen, and were adamant about certain details while being completely indecisive about others, it turned out flawlessly. On top of all that, the food was delicious. I would recommend Occasions Catering without hesitation.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Occasions Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 38.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 38.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 44.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 10.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 24.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Open Bar, House Beer, House Wine
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, BBQ, Cajun, French, Italian, Local, Mediterranean
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar, House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Linens

• The Trailside Inn
    The Trailside Inn Hotel Weddings

You will never be disappointed when choosing Occasion's as your caterer! Their organization, professionalism and of course fabulous food will shine throughout your event! They are a dream to work with and we highly recommend their team for your needs.

• A Perfect Vermont Wedding at Mountain Meadows Lodge
    A Perfect Vermont Wedding at Mountain Meadows Lodge Hotel Weddings

The Linen Shop has so much finery for your wedding. We've had terrific experience with them here at Mountain Meadows Lodge. Terrific communications, super helpful, and attention to detail!

• The 1824 House
    The 1824 House Historic Weddings

Our in house caterer at the 1824 House, owned and operated by Connie Mendell. We work together to make your event seamless from start to finish!

• 13 School Street Rochester, 05767 See on map