OBX Celebrations

Nags Head, NC View map

Congratulations on your engagement! This is an exciting journey for the two of you. May you enjoy every step of the way. The Outer Banks is a magical setting for a wedding. One of the other choices that will have to be made in the next few weeks or months is your officiant.

I believe that the ceremony is the opportunity a couple has to express their love and commitment. Imagine a ceremony that is joyful, celebrates the two of you, and speaks to who you are and what you value. A skilled celebrant can help you create a ceremony that you and your friends and family enjoy, feel encouraged by and remember and smile about for months to come. I have been helping couples do just that since 2008 and would be honored to help you create what you want and deserve.

As a wedding celebrant I offer non-traditional spiritual ceremonies as well as non-denominational ceremonies focused on the beliefs of the couple. I often utilize prayer, readings or scripture from many different religious traditions depending on the requests of the couple. My goal is to honor the beliefs of the couple getting married.

A little about me…

I am a native North Carolinian from the mountains of North Carolina. I have had the good fortune to visit and live in many areas of the country, but I have chosen to live in the Outer Banks since 1989. I worked in the field of social work with children and families for over 35 years and retired several years ago. Since my retirement I have continued to travel, volunteer at primate refuges in Costa Rica and most of all enjoy the beautiful place I call home. I would describe myself as a spiritual person, environmentally conscious and active in making this world a better place for our children’s children. I became an officiant in 2008 after being asked to start assisting a friend with weddings in this area. I realized I really enjoyed working with couples and sharing in the love and joy of their special day.

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$225

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Presbyterian
Quaker
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
    Kenandliz Married on 04/07/2018
    Working the Sandy was wonderful! After we spoke with her on the phone we knew she would be the perfect fit for our wedding. She allowed us to completely customize our ceremony, including our own reading passages, writing our own vows, and included a closing blessing that was very important to me personally. She always communicated quickly, efficiently, and answered all of the questions we had (and many I didn't know I would have until I was in the middle of the process). I would highly recommend her services!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 08/09/2015
    Sandy was amazing! She provided us with the guidance we needed while respecting all of our wishes. I really couldn't have asked for more! She was also flexible about meeting is and getting everything together with very little notice, and still pulled off the ceremony perfectly!
    Jenna Married on 06/04/2013
    Sandy was a great fit for us as we are sure she will be for others. She was Professional, organized and extremely flexible. We felt very comfortable and relaxed throughout, from the prep work to the day itself and we are very grateful and fortunate to have had her as part of our day.

Nags Head, 27959
Location of (OBX Celebrations)

Other vendors in Outer Banks for your wedding