Richmond, VA Map · Phone number

About Nick Kessler Photography

I am a lover of music and that is how I got started as a photographer, shooting my friends bands when I wasn't playing a set myself. I have the highest appreciation for this art and truly love photographing weddings. I like to keep things simple and have fun with you guys. I think that building trust is an important part of getting great photographs on your day and it's why I love doing engagement shoots with as many of my couples as possible. My style has been evolving for many years and it feels really good to keep getting better after photographing close to two hundred weddings. While I mostly work from a photojournalistic approach I won't hesitate to pose you when necessary. If you are pumped about the photography I would love to get to meet you!

​Nick

DSC9487
DSC8285

20 Reviews for Nick Kessler Photography

Angie · Married on 05/21/2016

Our pictures ARE AMAZING. Also, Nick Kessler is an awesome guy. He's basically the person we spent the most time with at the wedding and he made us feel comfortable and at ease. I wanted something beyond the regular soft-lensed pretty wedding pictures and this guy delivered in spades. He's an artist. Our pictures are beyond cool. We got married in May which is at the beginning of the wedding season and it took us about 6 weeks to get our pictures back -- actually faster than what I was expecting. I can't say enough about Nick -- hire him, you won't be sorry.

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/18/2014

Out of the two of us, my husband is the photography guru, and he personally requested Nick to be our wedding photographer. And oh my gosh am I happy with that request. Nick created a custom package for our wedding; he was completely flexible and responsive and was willing to meet us anywhere we wanted for our engagement shoot. We had multiple Skype meetings and went over the timeline and my requests, and he had a lot of helpful timeline comments and suggestions due to experience.

My husband is not necessarily photogenic...and prefers "candid" shots. Therefore I've never really been able to get an awesome picture of him containing a genuine smile. But we have never taken such good photos as we have with Nick! Nick's photos are - amazing. I am literally staring at them while back at work. Saying that I am happy with them is an understatement. Thank you Nick!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Marshie · Married on 08/10/2012

Nick is an extremely talented artistic photographer. He puts his heart into everything he does. I am so lucky that we were able to spend the happiest day of our life with someone that we get along with so well. He delivered so many breathtaking accounts of our wedding day. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/26/2012

• DS Designer Events
    DS Designer Events Wedding Planners

Nick is an absolute professional with an eye for capturing life's moments, big and small. He is creative, dedicated and knowledgable. I would recommend Nick for all of your photography needs.