Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

3 Reviews for Nicholson Ranch Winery

Natalie · Married on 07/19/2013

We had the wedding of our dreams at Nicholson Ranch this July 19, 2013. Deepak, the owner is an amazing person. I never once heard a no come out of his mouth. He accomodated us on every request possible. He is quite a busy man and can be difficult to reach by phone, which is understandable. However, he responded quickly via email to every question. The winery is the most beautiful venue you could ever find, having everything you need for a memorable occasion. There are not many venues where the vines are in direct view (our ceremony location). We used the cave for cocktail hour and the guests are still raving about the ambiance of the candlelights and wine barrels. The reception was in the outdoor courtyard, and the night could not have been any nicer. Not too chilly, and perfect for dancing under the stars. To fall in love with the picture perfect scenery while enjoying their delicious wines is a dream come true! My guests say it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended! I look forward to spending our anniversaries at the Ranch! Thank you to everyone at the Ranch for making our wedding perfect.

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • Laudie

Alana · Married on 10/19/2013

Nicholson Ranch was the perfect venue for our wedding. Everything on the day of the event was exactly how we pictured it and we could not be happier with how the day progressed. I arrived at the venue around noon and Deepak was there to greet me and the bridesmaids with glasses of wine and to make sure we had everything we needed. Our wedding was at 4pm so we were well aware that people would be in the tasting room and on the grounds. We had no issues with anyone coming to take food or sit at the ceremony location.
    My only complaint was dealing with Deepak and his staff before the wedding. I signed my contract with Nicholson Ranch about a year and a half before my wedding. At that time Ramona was managing the property and winery. However, at some point between then and the next time I contacted the venue in January, Deepak had taken over. I never received any notification of the change in management and Deepak proved to be very difficult to respond to. My wedding planner had tons of trouble getting in contact with him as did I. When I tried to meet with him to show my husband the venue (he was serving overseas at the time we booked the place and had not seen the venue in person), Deepak said he would be around but when we showed up at the agreed upon time he was busy entertaining other guests at the winery. We were left to walk the grounds by ourselves and ask one of the tasting room employees to show us down to the cave.
    When I would ask Deepak questions about the wedding day he would try and tell me things that went against my contract. When I pointed it out then he would just say it was his mistake. My recommendation would have been for him to read the contract before responding.
    In the end, even with the struggles, things got done and everything about the day was perfect. If I had to do everything over again I would. I highly recommend Nicholson Ranch to anyone considering having their wedding there!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Rebecca · Married on 05/18/2013

3.0
      3.5

We had our wedding at Nicholson Ranch in May 2013. It is a spectacular venue, so beautiful and perfect for a wedding of 100-150. Deepak, the owner, is flexible and easy to deal with although was sometimes difficult to get a hold of, especially during harvest season. But it was a small price to pay for such a wonderful venue. No sound restrictions, and we were able to serve hard alcohol for an additional $1000 fee. The bridal suite is also beautiful and a lovely place to spend the afternoon of the wedding getting ready and taking photos. And we used their cave conference room for pre-wedding drinks for the groom and his friends, which everyone loved, and we were able to self-cater it. The venue provides some 8-person round tables, outdoor lounge furniture and as many wine barrels as you want to decorate, which was very handy.

Sent on 05/25/2013