Located in the City of Palestine,405 East Neches Street.
This grand two story house is one of the earliest and best local examples of the Colonial Revival style. This architechtural expression attained only marginal popularity in Palestine during the early 20th century. The estate occupies a large lot in the center of town and is set back from the street, which add to the home's overall sense of grandeur. It is thought that this estate was built in late 1911 for Eugene Fore, by the prominent contractor John Gaught. Gaught was also responsible for many other notable Palestine buildings, including the Redlands Hotel. Ozie Rogers and his wife purchased the home in 1915. Mr. Rogers was a local Tax Collector, Counsilman as well as owning the local Chevrolet dealership. We are currently the fifth owners of this beautiful estate.
While it may have technically be a historic home, everything about this estate has been updated for modern living. Large rooms with high ceilings, pocket doors in the main living space of the home, a beautiful grand staircase, and multiple fireplaces adorn the main floor. We have a Ladies Parlor, all in shades of cream and tan, with sitting areas, and the indoor dining area. We also have a Gentleman;s Parlor, complete with a pool table. Also downstairs is a powder room. The Guest Cottage is a quaint space, with a living room, one and a half baths, kitchenette, and a loft style besroom upstairs.
Outside we have a large covered porch area, a brick patio, a space for a tent to have the reception outdoors, a large gunite pool, and a full acre of beautiful landscaping.
Other couples have also viewed: