Nannine Clay Wallis Home & Arboretum

• The Prizing House

3 Reviews for Nannine Clay Wallis Home & Arboretum

• misskea

Katelyn · Married on 05/30/2009

The Wallis Home is a beautiful location for a ceremony or reception. We had my reception there and it was absolutely perfect. We had about 300 guests so we rented a big tent and used lots of smaller canopies all around to cover the food table, the grill, etc. What is wonderful about the Wallis Home is that you have both indoor and outdoor spaces, so if your guest list is small enough you have a perfect rain plan built-in, and it allows people to get out of the heat.
    Also, since we got married across the street at the First Presbyterian Church of Paris, and we had the house and garden all weekend, my girls and I got ready at the Wallis Home in one of the upstairs bedrooms. The rooms are beautiful, so they made for great photos, and spacious so we could all be together.

Sent on 06/23/2009
  • Whittney

Whittney · Married on 05/12/2012

3.5
      2.5

This venue is very antique and beautiful. Amazing site for pictures!

Sent on 05/15/2012
  • User2712888 · 1+ year ago

1.0
      1.0
      0.5
      3.0
      0.5
      0.0

The venue itself was beautiful. We got married in the garden. We had a great time. My problem is with the hostess and the availability of staff during the planning process. Was told I could come by anytime to get ideas on how to set up the reception,however they were only there one time. The hostess was a horrible nasty mean lady. She hovered over everyone at our wedding. She complained about stuff being moved when I was told I could move anything as long as I put it back. She said her complaints on the night of the rehearsal,said not to worry about it, left a note on the door the day of the wedding, and called and complained during my honeymoon. I would tell people to use this as their venue only if they have everything outside. But even then I would be leary of the evil lady!!!

Sent on 08/05/2013

• Paris, 40361 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Nannine Clay Wallis Home & Arboretum)