15841 Redland Road, Derwood, MD 20855 Map · Phone number

About My Thyme Inc

Three brothers started My Thyme inc. in 2003 with the mission of creating exceptional food and party experiences. Growing up in a family where gatherings always centered around food, we understand the importance of these moments. Special occasions are your time to look good, showcase an expression of yourself, and provide your friends an experience they’ll rave about.

If you’ve experienced My Thyme before, you already know the dedication and passion we have for our food and clients. If you’re just learning about us, we welcome you to take a look and see what we’re all about! With a commitment to providing exceptional service from start to finish, we’ll work with you in customizing a menu that fits your style, outfit your event with all the equipment you need, and give you a culinary and event experience your guests will rave about!

edamame avocodo canape
corn soup shooter4
rock 2

8 Reviews for My Thyme Inc

Rachel · Married on 11/15/2014

We really enjoyed working with my Thyme. They were easy to work with and the food is delicious. They made us bread basket centerpieces which were beautifully laid out and exactly what we wanted. The reception went off without a problem and the food was wonderful and exactly what we asked for. They gave us leftovers and let us buy our own alcohol. I definitely recommend them.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Mary · Married on 05/08/2010

My Thyme is awesome! They catered our wedding reception and the food was absolutely fantastic! Our guests have been and continue to rave about the food. Very creative and fresh, exactly what we were looking for. Aaron, Jason, and Denise are a pleasure to work with. Very attentive to our guests' likes and dislikes (especially the kids). Food service was excellent; they were very attentive to our guests. Aaron also provided us excellent recommendations for the wine.

My Thyme really made the reception a wonderful event. We have had comments from a number of guests that our wedding was the best they ever attended and they always comment on how much they enjoyed the food. We highly recommend My Thyme for any event you may be planning.

Sent on 05/31/2010

J · Married on 10/05/2009

THESE CATERERS WERE FABULOUS!

We really cannot say enough good things about this company and how wonderful they are to work with: THE FOOD IS OVER THE TOP DELICIOUS, THE PRESENTATION IS BEAUTIFUL, AND AARON, DENISE AND CHEF JASON ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE! We had several special requests (food allergies and specific preferences) and they were beyond accommodating. Our tasting was delicious and fun. A budget-friendly bonus is that you can buy your own alcohol- they provide the bartenders. Their wait staff for the cocktail hour and formal dinner for 120 was excellent - well-trained, well-dressed, the whole kit and kaboodle for an elegant dinner. They guided us on linen choices, table/chair rentals and set up the tables according to our previous discussions. No omissions, nothing forgotten - it was all stellar.

We chose My Thyme from a list from our reception site, the Howard County Conservancy, after having called and interviewed several caterers and tasting samples of their food at an event. We didn't know anyone who used them before so it felt like a bit of a risk to hire them for our wedding, but they seemed like the best option. Now that the wedding is over, we feel really lucky and keep getting more and more compliments about the food and the decor.

There are a lot of catering horror stories out there, on this site and elsewhere, and we were really fortunate to come across My Thyme. This is a small company that really cares about quality. They cater in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Columbia and nearby areas. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

[Photos of their gorgeous dessert buffet will be added in the future.]

Sent on 10/05/2009

My Thyme Inc FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 90.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 70.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 95.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 55.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, Cajun, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables