Music Mix of Madison and La Crosse

Do-Not-Play List (3)
MC (3)
Projector (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

I can't be more pleased with the service we received with our wedding ceremony and reception. Steve with Music Mix did such an outstanding job! The party was definitely perfect and it was the time of our lives. When you plan so many details its easy to overlook your DJ if you have no idea who to pick, they all kind of blend together but Music mix of La crosse definitely stood out to me and I will definitely be recommending them to everyone I know getting married or having a party!

Profile Picture shannon, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My sister in law hired Music Mix for her wedding in Sept. of 2016 and they were so awesome that I asked them to handle my wedding as well. Tammy was absolutely amazing!! She was so helpful in handling the day and timelines that I didn't worry once about when things would occur and whether she'd have the music correct or not. She was so much fun as well! You can tell she truly enjoys her job! My guests loved the music she played and that she'd dance along with us. Couldn't have been happier with their services!! :) We had 8 hours of service (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception) as well as uplighting.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/19/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting
3.4

First: Our DJ, Alec, was absolutely AMAZING. If I could rate Alec alone, this company would receive 5/5 for sure. He was incredibly responsive, flexible, and helpful during the entire day. Alec stuck to the play and no play list while being prompt with other song requests. He had new and popular songs that all of my wedding guests loved! He truly went above and beyond to make our guests + my husband and I happy. THANK YOU ALEC!

Second: The reason why my overall review is only a 3/5 is because of the management team -- there is some serious room for improvement in this area.

(1) Their response time is absolutely pathetic to say the least. When my husband emailed in regards to sending our day-of-schedule and to share our song lists we didn't hear from the company for over a week. When they did respond they stated that our song list was past-due when we had requested a response with plenty of time to spare. We also emailed them when our wedding plan changed from being inside to outside (so they could prepare and bring additional equipment, etc.) to which they NEVER responded. We were literally wondering if a DJ would even show up for our big day. In the year + from when we booked to our wedding day they probably responded to our emails twice. Not impressed.

My suggestion: Give the bride and groom direct contact with the DJ working their event.

(2) DJ requests are not honored so don't bother to record it on the sheet. We had requested a family friend, Kelly Wilde, to be our DJ, he had agreed and added us to his event calendar. A week or two before our wedding management emails to tell us he has been booked for another event and would no longer honor our request. Bummer. As stated above though, Alec was amazing so no worries in the end!

My suggestion, if you book this company choose Alec or Kelly to be your DJ. Give them a big personal tip, and forget about the management!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews