5801 Smith Ave, Baltimore, MD 21209 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 10 to 90

About Mt. Washington Conference Center & Hotel

Mt. Washington has beautiful grounds that are able to hold a variety of events. Our glass enclosed dining terraces overlooking acres of rolling hills are able to accommodate up to 90 guests.

Mt. Washington also has the Historic Octagon which is the perfect location for Bridal Parties, showers, rehearsal dinners and many other special events.

• Mt. Washington Mill Dye House
tea photo 1
ef5e7224a264cc36 Octagon in Spring
octagonfront

2 Reviews for Mt. Washington Conference Center & Hotel

This was a fantastic venue to host our wedding reception with great guest accommodations. They offer a reasonably priced very inclusive wedding package in which you pay per person. The staff here was extremely professional and helpful. They helped plan every detail and made sure that you didn't forget anything. The food was PHENOMENAL!!!! At our tasting the chef prepared 9 different appetizers to try as well as 5 full entrees. We selected 3 choices for our guests to choose from. Many people said it was the best meal they've had at a wedding. The rooms here are very reasonably priced for Baltimore and conveniently located on the light rail. We had many guests flying in and took the light rail from BWI to the conference center. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and very well kept. Everything was in bloom for our wedding and made for great picture taking. We were able to stay in the octagon and used the large suites to get ready for our big day. We were married at the Shrine of the Sacred Heart across the street so everything was very convenient for us and our guests. If you want to have a worry free wedding with everything provided on site this is the place for you. We could not have been happier with everything and had a great wedding!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Allison · Married on 09/28/2018

3.8
      3.0
      2.0

Decent for a conference center

Our wedding block at the Mt. Washington Conference center was convenient and close to our wedding ceremony and reception. Tangi was very helpful during the planning phase in assisting us with the room block, rehearsal dinner (held in the Octagon room), and in providing meals for the wedding party on the day of. However, the actual wedding weekend did not go entirely as planned. There are a few things I believe other couples should know when selecting the Mt. Washington Conference Center as the hotel for their wedding:
    - Parking: There is a small lot, a parking garage, and a larger parking garage down the road that is shared with JHU. During our wedding weekend the lot was entirely full upon the wedding party's arrival, and the garage was entirely closed for construction. It was also raining the day before our wedding. This meant that I had to stop at the hotel, unload all of my items (keep in mind that I was the bride so I had a lot of stuff including a wedding dress), then find the garage on my own based on vague instructions from hotel staff, THEN walk back (no sidewalks) in the road in the rain. This was an inconvenience for all of our wedding party arriving that day, and generally I felt that the hotel staff did not assist in determining the parking situation. They offered no solutions and did not seem particularly concerned with our issues.
    - My husband accidentally got off on the wrong floor, and maintenance staff approached him telling him he was not supposed to be there and threatened him by mentioning that they have security cameras. Certain parts of the hotel can only be accessed by certain floors, so this can't be the first time a guest got lost in the hotel.
    - My parents asked that my room (bridal suite) and my husband's room (another suite) be cleaned on the day of our wedding after we had departed for the ceremony (~5pm). I heard this conversation first hand. Then, my husband received an email confirming that he would be out of his suite by 11am the day of our wedding so that it could be cleaned. That was NOT what we discussed, and the email was rude and left my husband confused and unwelcome. The day after our wedding my aunt mentioned how someone had come to clean her suite around 5pm - so they didn't even have the correct room and didn't bother to confirm it with anyone in my family.
    - Our rehearsal dinner was held in the Octagon room, which has a bar that can only be a cash bar given the small setup. However, my husband had decided that he wanted to pay the tab for all our rehearsal dinner guests, so he told the bartender that was his plan. She did not listen. I (again, the bride) approached the bar, ordered a glass of wine, and was promptly charged. Husband again explains that the entire dinner will be on one tab and he will pay it. After the next guests ordered their drinks, the bartender asked if they would like to pay together or separately. We had to tell her three separate times (one after another) that we were paying the entire tab for the evening. Extremely unprofessional and embarrassing that she kept trying to charge our guests after we told them they did not need to pay.

The hotel itself is fine but I had the impression that they are not equipped or used to handling wedding blocks. The hotel is a conference center, so they are likely used to less needy guests, but as we were essentially filling their hotel for the weekend we expected more. For future happy couples - this hotel is in a good location, decent rates and a number of suites available, but the from our experience the service won't make you feel special on your wedding weekend.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Mt. Washington Conference Center & Hotel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Historic Building
    Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Clean Up
    Get Ready Rooms
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Cocktail Reception
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• 5801 Smith Ave Baltimore, 21209 See on map
    410-735-4907 (Fax Number)
    Location of (Mt. Washington Conference Center & Hotel)