Alexandria, VA 22302 Map · Phone number

Morgan Phillips Cakes 2
Morgan Phillips Cakes 3
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 05/17/2019

Beautiful and delicious cakes!

Morgan is an expert baker with a keen eye for design, who isn't afraid of strong flavors.

We met with Morgan for a cake tasting and it proved to be the most fun part of wedding planning. My now husband and I did this one on our own, and had an absolute blast sipping coffee and talking wedding plans and tasting cake. The samples Morgan brought were generous -- this was easily a full confection's worth of cake.

We landed on a lemon cake with strawberry compote as the filling. It was decorated with a wine-colored watercolor paint, with gold detail on the edges. It was GORGEOUS and tasted AMAZING.

She made a cake estimated to feed 150, despite our guest count being 165. I didn't question it and I'm glad I didn't since we ended up having an entire tier left over to enjoy with friends later that week. We didn't save it, as Morgan generously offers a 4 inch "anniversary" tier which you can opt to take home that night and freeze for your first anniversary, or not have made right then and instead order from her (still complimentary) a year later, decorated in the same style as your cake (we opted for this and we can't wait!).

Morgan was so responsive, kind and professional during the planning period. We never once had a single worry about the cake. I'm so glad we found her on the recommendation of a friend. We plan to go to her for all of our celebrations moving forward!

**Attached photos are from Morgan's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/morganphillipscakes/) which I highly recommend you visit to see her incredible work.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Morgan Phillips Cakes 4
    Morgan Phillips Cakes 5
    Morgan Phillips Cakes 6
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 05/18/2018

Morgan is such a delight to work with!! She is very responsive and experienced. Not only that, but she makes delicious cakes! We loved the cake we choose and Morgan was great at creating the vision I had for my cake. I highly recommend working with her for any cake-related needs.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2017

Morgan was the most amazing person to work with from start to finish for my wedding cake. She has such a variety of delicious options for cakes and frosting. My now husband and I went on several tastings, and none of the others came even close to the taste and value that Morgan had to offer. She was incredibly professional, made our vision for our cake come to life flawlessly, and was incredibly flexible on the actual day of the wedding to ensure that the fresh flower and cake topper placements were exactly where they needed to be. All of our guests raved about how beautiful the cake was and that it was one of the best cakes they have ever had.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Morgan Phillips Cakes FAQ

• What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup