Nearby Vendors to Consider

3 Reviews for MODA botanica

4.7

My wife and I live in Northern Philadelphia in a 150-year-old factory that was used to dye thread until 2006. We have our artist studio and live space in the building and decided that we loved the way the building looks and the growing community there. We spoke to the owners of the building about having our wedding in the building including the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in three separate spaces within the complex. Armas Koehler of Moda Botanica had been our neighbor in at the factory for around a year and I knew he dealt with flowers but had no idea what he was capable of until I saw his work in the Philadelphia flower show. In my opinion Armas’s work was more in the realm of contemporary sculpture than flower arranging. I knew that we found the person we wanted for the wedding. We set up our first meeting to talk about budget, the theme of the wedding, etc. Armas immediately exhibited a lot of energy and interest in the project. We let him know our theme loosely and he took the idea to a new level. Armas became very quickly not only our florist but helped us set the foundation for what the wedding would look and feel like. As we painstakingly cleaned out the old dye factory to get it ready Armas would stop every few days with fresh ideas for structuring the space and would fill us in on how the pieces he was making for the wedding were coming along. Armas was easily among the easiest people that I have ever conducted business with. He is a true talent who we are lucky to have met and now consider a good friend. Check out photos on instagram at #globedyeworkswedding

Profile Picture Joseph, 8/31/13, 4 Reviews
4.3

We absolutely loved him. I'd seen his work at another wedding, and I knew he was my guy. He is super modern and creative and pretty reasonably priced. He seems really willing to work within a specific budget, within reason. Here's the thing to know though, he is AWFUL on email. He just isn't on it a lot, and I found it frustrating. It took us awhile to get a contract and answers to lots of questions. BUT, I knew his work and knew it was worth it. Plus, he's really nice and fun to work with. So...know what you're getting into, and I say, be okay with poor administration for the talent.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/30/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Moda Botanica met with us 35 days prior to our wedding. Our original florist, who was also our wedding planner quit on us 44 days before our special day. Bailey Hale, our florist immediately met with my husband and I to go over our vision for our wedding. Moda Botanica had so many interesting arrangements in the flower shop with contemporary vases and designs, I knew I was at the right place.

Bailey showed me different linens as well and gave me new idea's to incorporate into our Asian style wedding. 24 hours after our meeting, Bailey emailed me the proposal as well as pictures of previous wedding arrangements that were similar to our vision.

When the day came and I saw the bouquets, I was so elated and started balling. The flowers were so beautiful, better than I had ever imagined! Bailey did everything we asked and got it done with such a tight schedule. Moda Botanica is amazing!

Profile Picture Fay, 6/8/08, 5 Reviews

Venue Visit
Wholesale/Bulk
1 AWARD

1 ENDORSEMENT
Moda Botanica is very creative and detail oriented. We would higly recommend them and their services of floral and decor.

4500 Worth St. Unit #002, Philadelphia, PA 19124   See On Map