Brooklyn, NY 11238 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 73

About MIXTAPE cover band

If you're ready to turn your wedding from lovely to legendary, look no further than the New York City-based MIXTAPE cover band. This band offers a fresh approach to making sure your wedding rocks in every way. From the way they engage with clients to their style and, most importantly, the songs they play, MIXTAPE is guaranteed to keep your party going until you can't dance any longer.

Founded in 2011, MIXTAPE is a disco-free zone but has an infinite repertoire that includes modern, Motown, special pop hits and more. The band's basic, six-piece setup includes a female vocalist, male vocalist, guitars, a bassist, keyboards and a drummer. From there, you can add strings and horns for a more full sound. MIXTAPE also offers entertainment for ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions. Other services include:

• MC
ambergress mixtape 0028
mixtapechellisemichaelphotography 100
everybody clappin
MIXTAPE cover band
mel and tim bell house with nick in back ground ro
tim portrai
rec334
rec406
bellhouse band
MIXTAPE cover band
michael and holly couple group
MIXTAPE cover band
michael and holly first dance bw
michael and holly group
michael in group

• Videos 6

33 Reviews for MIXTAPE cover band

Marlene · Married on 09/15/2018

Best band ever!!

When we booked the 8 piece band for our September wedding at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Melanie was already booked, but Amy was amazing at our wedding! The band totally rocked it. The guests were dancing the entire night and everyone was commenting on how great they were. They allowed us to choose 5 definite songs that they would learn for us- and then we customized the rest of our set list based on their extensive list. Melanie was amazing to work with. She went over multiple revisions of our set list and gave us good advice about how to balance the music so that it wouldn’t be too alternative heavy :) She is professional, kind, responsive, and detail oriented. She kept us on track all year without overwhelming us.

This band is the real deal - they rocked everything from Beauty and the Beast, Tupelo Honey, MGMT, to Toto Africa, to Give it Away by Red Hot Chili Peppers. I was hesitant to pick RHCP since they are my absolute favorite and I didn’t think a cover band could do it, but I was sooooo impressed by their rendition. Even my parents were dancing to the funk rock!

The ceremony artists were also amazing! We hired a cellist and keyboardist. They were able to learn songs that we chose from Brooklyn Duo’s repertoire of arrangements. I highly recommend this band for your wedding!

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2018

Perfect band experience :)

Melanie and her band were absolutely amazing at our wedding, to the point where I wish we had recorded their performance so I could watch it back and experience them again!

As a huge music fan, the one thing I had planned in my mind for my wedding as a kid was the music I wanted played, but I had never seen a wedding band before that played anything other than cheesy / top 40 music before. I assumed I was going to have to get a DJ to get the musical experience I envisioned (and make the playlist for them!) Luckily my husband went to a wedding a few years prior where Mixtape was the band and managed to convince me to book them without having seen them live before (their online videos don't do them justice - they are even better in person!)

Working with Melanie was a great experience from start to finish, and I'm so glad we booked them. She helped us out last minute in a pinch when our venue dropped the ball on providing a sound system for the ceremony and the entire event ran smoothly from start to finish. She also let us pick out pretty much every song of the night, including when they were on break, which was a dream come true. We had endless compliments about how great they were all night, and for weeks afterwards! Now I'm hoping we have another friend book them for their wedding so we can get to see them again :) Truly a great experience, and I'll always treasure them closing out the night with a group singalong to "Hey Jude".

MIXTAPE cover band FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 8,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Classic Rock, Dance, Folk, Funk, Hip Hop, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B / Soul, Rock
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Sound/PA System

• Viva Max Weddings
    Viva Max Weddings Wedding Planners

It is a pleasure working with Mel. She is professional, kind, passionate about her work, and really makes an effort to get to know her clients. When I worked a wedding with Mixtape they not only got all the guests dancing and having a blast, but she was able to navigate the special needs of my client like a surprise musical montage by her family and an amazing Pearl Jam performance by the BRIDE. The band orchestrated all these elements while keeping an amazing flow throughout the night. It was Mel's organization and attention to detail leading up to the event that really contributed to the smooth execution of the wedding. I was so impressed. The evening was flawless and the guests were sweaty and wild by the end of the night. Goal achieved! They are not your typical straight-laced wedding band - they are a normal band - your wedding is like a cool concert.

• Betty Brooklyn Catering Company
    Betty Brooklyn Catering Company Wedding Caterers

I'm always excited when I hear that one of my couples is working with MIXTAPE. My staff & I love their fearless, high-energy dance sets & fun, easy-going personality. Having an awesome band can really make an event memorable and MIXTAPE is a sure winner.

• Fourteen-Forty
    Fourteen-Forty Wedding Invitations

Mixtape is fun, hip, and so very talented! They keep the party going and know how to strike just the right balance when it comes to entertaining all your guests!

• Brooklyn, NY 11238 See on map