Day-Of, Full, Partial

Religious (2)
Partial Planning (1)
Destination (1)

2.4

My husband and I hired Mindy as our day-of coordinator almost a year in advance. She had glowing reviews and in the beginning, we were sure we made the right decision. However, 10 days leading up to our wedding, we decided to explore other options for a wedding coordinator. Before I go into the reasons why, I do want to acknowledge that we only hired Mindy as our day-of coordinator so we did not expect her to be involved during our wedding planning process. Also, there is definitely no personal ill will and we wish Mindy and her sister, Teri, the best. Even after our decision to pursue another wedding coordinator, we were not planning on leaving negative reviews. We knew she had an illness she was dealing with and we completely understand that things come up in life. However, we are leaving this review because Mindy and Co. Events did not even bother to respond back to our final email respectfully asking them about their cancellation policy.

Here are the reasons why we decided to not move forward with her:
Follow-through: There have been numerous times when Mindy would offer or agree to help out with something, and there would be no follow-through. Again, since we originally only hired her as our day-of, we also wanted to make sure we compensated her fairly for any extra services she provided us. We would send follow-up emails to check on the status and receive no responses from her. We understand that she is very busy and some of the items she offered to help us with were out of scope, but it's the communication about those items that have left us feeling dissatisfied. If there were something that could not be done, or there were insufficient time to address our questions, a short note/update would have sufficed.

Unreliable communication: She would also miss scheduled calls.

Profile Picture User6424288, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are having a wedding at Calamigos-- Mindy is your gal. My husband and I hired Mindy & her team for our full-time wedding planner. We signed on with her about 9 months prior to our wedding date, soon after we signed at Calamigos and she was well worth the $$. Now most brides think they can do it all. I thought I could do it all... yea, no... I couldn't. Mindy is the BEST. She had a lot of vendors to choose from and they were able to work with in budget--and helped us to save some money. She asked the awkward questions for us, and really made us feel at ease. She texted us back in a timely manner, made sure we stayed on scheduled, kept us fed during our wedding, and laughed at our terrible jokes... Mindy went the extra mile and we are so happy we hired her for our wedding.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Budget Analysis, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Mindy killed it as our day-of coordinator. She really kept everything organized with a fantastic attitude. She also really helped even me out when I was feeling stressed out and made sure I sat down to eat instead of talking to people all night haha! My dress got muddy during pictures, and she bustled it herself to hide all of the tulle that had gotten dirty. My fiancé and I couldn't have been happier with how much she helped us. HIRE HER!!

Profile Picture User6543535, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews

Elopement
Number of Planners
7 AWARDS

6 ENDORSEMENTS
WHAT A PRO! Mindy is a wonderful and talented coordinator/specialist. If your getting married at the beach in Malibu... you should grab her. I've shot many wedding videos with her. She is great. And fun! Check out some of the videos at the Sunset Restaurant. Susan Metcalf Videography

Mindy is a consumate professional. Quiet, unobtrusive, she is not a planner who barks orders at you or your friends and family. I never would even know she was there, but somehow everything is done. Her work is superb and she is so warm, kind, easy going, funny, and great to work with! I love her organization and cannot recommend her enough!

Mindy is fantastic! She is very calm but always in control which is the perfect balance for a planner. On top of things but also open to input from vendors which insures awesome wedding by a team effort. Can't go wrong here!!

We love Mindy and you will too...Mindy will make your big day super easy for you. We have done probably 50 weddings with Mindy throughout the years and everyone was successful...

I recommend the services of Mindy Events to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

76 PROS I KNOW