1317 W 13th Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64102 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 15

About Michael Lauren Weddings

Turn your cookie-cutter event into a designer wedding reception.

Congratulations on your engagement! I know how important your wedding day is to you. Let me help make it unforgettable. Say goodbye to those awkward and cheesy moments, and hello to a truly one-of-a-kind experience.

Since your wedding day has so many components, planning is needed in addition to great music. It seems every DJ gets 5 star reviews! What's the difference? (Click here to see what to look for) My service offers detailed planning and assistance that goes well beyond the role of a traditional DJ service. Not only great music, but a unique event that will provide seamless transitions, and great entertainment for your guests.

Traditional vs Exceptional. Most wedding receptions enlist the help of a DJ, because couples know that music is an important part of their celebration. But too many wedding receptions end up being underwhelming. Why?

With no planning, your wedding day runs the risk of becoming stale and disjointed. Your guests aren't engaged. In order to avoid the awkwardness and stereotypical feel found at many wedding receptions, you need a service that can handle every aspect of your big day. Michael Lauren Weddings caters specifically to weddings, and every unique component within.

My experience will help you to achieve an amazing celebration through great timing, creative moments, and great music. But beyond that, I will also direct your event and engage your guests in a way that will make your reception both incredibly fun and memorable, without stealing the show. You won't have to worry about anything but showing up and having a great time.

Don't take chances on your wedding day. Contact me to see how we can create a customized experience for you today!

For more information, including photographs from real weddings, video, an interactive planning guide and frequently asked questions, visit my website at www.michaellaurenweddings.com or call 816.200.1492.

Follow Michael Lauren Weddings on

c4e0cadb1df0907f 1324400204667 MLWBoswellWedding1

• Videos 3

46 Reviews for Michael Lauren Weddings

Monica · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding! Michael was just awesome! We have had nothing but compliments from our guests about our special day. Michael is very knowledgeable about ceremony and reception music. He kept the night fun. The timing of everything was great, and we didn't have to worry about what was coming next. We had some special song requests that Michael made happen for us.

Thank you again Michael for helping to make our wedding perfect! ~ Monica & Spencer

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kathryn · Married on 04/04/2015

The decision to have Michael be our DJ was one of the best decisions we made! We met with him multiple times and we always left feeling better prepared for our special day! He had wonderful ideas and helped keep the flow going the day of the wedding! He offers up lighting, which I would definitely recommend adding on :) would recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Victoria · Married on 12/29/2014

Michael came to us both highly recommended by our photographer and another friend who had a fabulous experience at her wedding. We had some unusual requests as we wanted classic country during dinner and he pulled it off perfectly. It really reflected our tastes! He was also EXCELLENT at helping us come up with an order for all the events of the evening. Even though we felt like we had been to a bunch of weddings, Michael was actually the one who helped us schedule out the whole evening in the most logical way (not our hotel event coordinator!). The dance party the last 45 minutes or so was everything I had dreamed of!

Sent on 12/24/2014

Michael Lauren Weddings FAQ

• What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,800.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 300.00
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Sarah Dickerson Photography
    Sarah Dickerson Photography Wedding Photographers

Michael Lauren Weddings provides FANTASTIC entertainment services for wedding receptions! Mike Westerman is an extremely experienced DJ who knows exactly how to choose music to keep the party hopping well into the reception. You won't have a dead dance floor with him at the helm! As a photographer, I truly enjoy working with him as I know I am going to get fantastic, FUN reception shots!!

• 1317 W 13th Terrace Kansas City, 64102 See on map