Fresno, CA 93650 Map · Phone number

About Melody Marks Photography

Event, Senior Portrait, Couples, Engagements, Wedding, Newborn, & Family Photographer.

Ever since I was a child, i’ve always known I wanted to be a photographer. My style of photography stems from growing up on warm sandy beaches, and in the rolling hills of California’s Santa Barbara County. Warm light, dancing across fields of tall grass, and waves rolling onto a golden coast. Growing up in such a picturesque place makes me want to incorporate all those memories that make me feel at home into my photographs.

In high school I took photography and graduated with an award out of three schools in my area in the Excellence In Arts Award for my photography. I began majoring in Photography my first year out of high school where I then graduated with my Associates Of Science Degree in Applied Design/Media with an emphasis on Photography on May 23rd 2014. I love my college because they make their students take classes in film and digital. Even though I am a digital photographer, I think it’s so important to learn and practice in film because it teaches you things that digital cameras and editing softwares do automatically for you now a days. I’ve met a lot of photographers that have never practiced in film and they all seem have one thing in common, they all rely on an army of equipment and software. The courses i’ve taken over the years in black and white film, and color film have taught me a lot more than digital could have. Photography for me is all about simplicity, you wont see me lugging around a bunch of equipment, I only bring with me what I know i’ll need for that particular shoot. I think when photographers over think a situation, they start to rely on their equipment and technology, and loose focus of what they are actually there to do, which is to capture a moment. I never want to be too busy fiddling with equipment trying to get a “technically correct” photo, and end up missing capturing a truly special moment.

I try to capture a feeling, even if its not of a person, but of a place or a thing. If you’ve ever smelt something that takes you back to a certain time in your life or reminds you of something sentimental, you’ll know what I mean. A good photograph should do the same thing. There are photographs that are just something pretty to look at, then there are photographs that you love to look at because they tell a story that takes you back to that special time in your life. I am a portrait photographer, and the reason I love doing portraits is because I love to learn a persons story and then be able to tell it back for them through photos. I love capturing sentimental moments in peoples lives that they will always be able to look back on and feel like they are reliving. I am a natural light photographer, my favorite time of the day to shoot is at dusk. It’s sort of a magical time of day because the world just slows down and stands still. The lighting turns from harsh direct sunlight, to this warm and beautiful natural lighting. At dusk the sky doesn’t set limitations on where you can shoot, and you are free to roam and shoot anywhere.

“Life is a beautiful whirlwind of emotions and scenarios put together with the people you love.

&

I truly understand how important it is to capture each moment.”

-Melody Marks

img9826 40
img0164 3

3 Reviews for Melody Marks Photography

Angelina · Married on 08/02/2015

I want to thank you Melody for all the wonderful photo shoots you have done for me and my family. From my maternity shoot which is one of my favorites, to the newborn shoot, another one of my favorites. You have so much patience with all my little ones. You did a wonderful job last year setting up a christmas theme for christmas pictures which I ended up using for christmas cards. This year you did my daughters One year pictures and all the kids. I have been to so many photographers and paid so much money and I was never completely satisfied. Even my friends and family ask who took my great pictures and I tell them about you. I completely trust what you do. I never have to worry if Im gonna like the pictures. In other experiences with other photographers when I received my disk there would only be a few good ones out of hundreds. And with you every time I got my disk I loved 90-100%. Can never decide which to hang on my walls. I have finally found “THE” photographer for me and my family. I will definitely be hiring you for my wedding.

A BIG thank you from the Michael family.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Tracy · Married on 06/01/2013

Melody did a fantastic job as our wedding photographer! I am not the most comfortable person in front of the camera but Melody helped guide me through the poses and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. She went above and beyond to capture all of the special moments and details. Her photographs came out clear and beautiful (they even arrived at my house in an adorable personalized package!) Melody is an artist and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • User4194465 · 2+ years ago

Melody's work is absolutely amazing. Her work has this beautiful quality that was exactly what we were looking for! Every question that we had for her was met with assurance, and even though we were new to this process, Melody was the picture (pun intended!) of professional. I would recommend her to anyone - wedding, event, couples or otherwise! Thanks, Melody!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Melody Marks Photography FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images