Sonora, CA 95370 Map · Phone number

• Alexandra Marie
  • Glamour Artistry

9 Reviews for Melissa Marie Hair

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2013

Great service! Very professional, sweet, considerate and detailed. I loved it!

Sent on 09/18/2013

I met Melissa Marie for the first time on the morning of my wedding. I live in NY but am from the Bay Area, and our wedding was in Carmel Valley. Leading up to the wedding, I had 2 hair trial appointments at my regular salon in Manhattan, because I wasn't going to be able to do a trial with anyone in CA, but I wanted to see how I liked a few different looks. I didn't like the first one, & the second I liked from the back but felt the front looked a bit too "plastered" or stiff. Using photos from both hair trials and lots of inspiration pictures, I put together a Pinterest board of looks I liked. Then on my wonderful planner's reco (Heidi of Coastside Couture), I looked at makeup artist Sarah Nicole - who works with Melisa Marie for hair. I really liked most of the styles I saw, and booked them. The morning of my wedding, we did an outdoor yoga practice at my venue that ran late and meant we started hair & makeup a bit behind schedule. Melisa made me feel totally calm and comfortable, gave me a more powerful dryer than the one the venue provided, and I was able to shower, wash and dry my hair with her assurance that everything would work out fine. Once in the chair, we reviewed the photos of what I wanted and discussed the fact that I was most concerned with how the front of my hair (around my face) would look. She confirmed that we could try more than one part if I didn't love the way it fell with out messing anything up with the updo. Once she had the basic shape and part in place, she asked me to check it up close in the big mirror, and then totally understood that I wanted to look at it in the bathroom (my bridesmaids and mother, etc. were in the room also & I needed to check in with my own opinion without the excitement/influence of everyone), and even stopped as we went along to come with me and check it out in the bathroom. I absolutely loved what she did, it was exactly what I wanted - the back I'd shown her, and a front that was flattering & not plastered.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Emily · Married on 08/15/2013

Melissa is such a talented hair stylist. Her combination of professionalism and creativity makes her an excellent choice for those who want to look their best and feel relaxed! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Award

Real Weddings

• Makeup Artist Sarah Nicole
    Makeup Artist Sarah Nicole Wedding Hair & Makeup

Melissa Marie is a great hair stylist. She has shown me some great tricks for perfecting any hair style. I have been in the industry for many years now and when my wedding day came I chose Melissa! I like to team up with Melissa when I have large bridal parties for hair and makeup. Highly recommend this stylist!

• Sonora, 95370 See on map