Louisville, KY 40299 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Melissa Balch Photography

Our mission is to creatively capture couples in a raw and genuine way to best share the unique narrative of a relationship. We live this mission with the vision to create and capture genuine moments for you in a way that allows you to reminisce for a lifetime. For us, it's about more than a picture-for an image to be truly beautiful, it should reflect real feelings and emotions and memories. It's all about telling your story.

Follow Melissa Balch Photography on

10 Reviews for Melissa Balch Photography

Kate · Married on 06/02/2018

Melissa and Gary were amazing! This couple is so much fun to be around. You can tell that they both love Jesus and that they want you to have the best wedding possible. They keep you smiling and laughing. My husband and I are not the best at taking pictures, but Melissa and Gary made it fun. Our engagement photos session felt more like a date than a photo shoot. Melissa and Gary both were very excited to have the session at Red River Gorge, so they love trying different places! They made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. As for the photos, they are absolutely perfect! They captured each and every moment so perfectly! We asked them to target candid photos, and they followed through. I am having trouble narrowing down the photos that I want to print! :) I would HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Melinda · Married on 06/17/2017

I am absolutely blown away by Melissa and Gary and MBP. Instead of writing paragraphs, here is a list of why MBP rocks!
    - 2 people working the entire wedding day. (1 with one partner, 1 with the other) from start to finish.
    - Rights to your photos and full access.
    - A sneak peak within a week or so along with a personal blog about your day.
    - Sweet, calm, and polite people.
    - Sometimes so discrete that you don't even realize they're taking pictures of random events throughout the day.
    - They thanked my family for allowing them to be apart of the day.
    - Cost is budget friendly.
    - They do the best engagement session.
    - Their eye is something no-one else has- amazing and unique ideas for photos.
    - Flexible
    - Not just your photographers but guests that you're happy to have at your wedding.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2016

So many things I could say about MBP! We were so happy that we found them. Melissa & Gary were so fun and easy to work with, from our engagement session, my weird questions for the months leading up to the wedding, and our wedding day! Some of the highlights:
    - You get them all day of the wedding! Melissa was with the girls starting around 10:30 am and Gary was with the guys starting around 12. They both stayed until the end of our reception at 11:30 and got so many amazing pictures along the way!
    -Organization! Gary is great at directing herds of people so that Melissa can get all the family pictures done super quickly! Not only that, but when we got our approximately 800 pictures back on a USB drive, they were organized into folders which was so helpful! (getting ready, ceremony, etc)
    -Speaking of the USB drive...full printing rights to your photos with the requirement that if you post to social media, to give them credit. No complaints there as we can print whatever we want without any additional headache!

We were so happy with our engagement & wedding pictures, and would recommend Melissa to anyone in the area looking for a photographer! We are looking forward to working with them again in the future for other life changes!

Sent on 12/01/2016