Meghan McLellan Wedding Officiant

Rutland, VT View map

Hi, my name is Meghan McLellan and I am a spirited Vermont wedding officiant located near Rutland, Vermont. I spend my days as a local Special Education teacher and my weekends as an ordained minister.

I became ordained in July of 2011. My two very good friends asked me to marry them and I immediately and happily agreed. I have a background in theatre and this was my chance to get back to "the stage".

I am extremely organized, punctual and flexible. I write every ceremony that I perform from a blank slate. I always ask for input from the couple and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear the story of how you met. I do my best to incorporate your story into your ceremony.

I am open to all formats, special traditions or any other special requests that you may want to include in your special day.

I typically only travel within reasonable distances from my home, but it never hurts to ask!

Give me a call or send me and e-mail! I’m usually very quick in returning e-mails :)

Please don't hesitate to contact me with last minute ceremonies. In the summer months I am available seven days a week for your wedding needs!

Talk to you soon!

• Woman-owned

• April
    April Married on 09/25/2021

Hire her!

I can't believe I didn't write this review earlier- but I'm glad I did! My husband and I had plans to wed in August of 2020, but when the pandemic hit we pushed our big wedding off until Sept 2021. We decided we still wanted to marry on our original wedding date, so we had a small gathering at my parents home. Meghan's reviews looked great, so we went ahead and hired her. She emailed back and forth with us about the ceremony wording, readings, vows, etc. She also video chatted with us so she could see us and get to know us better. On the day of the wedding she arrived early and was dressed very professionally. We decided to have a non denominational ceremony, and everything was perfect. One of my neighbors decided to weedwack the same time as our ceremony, and Meghan projected her voice right over it. When she became available for our Sept 2021 vow renewal/celebration we did not hesitate hiring her again! Again, she emailed us back and forth, video chatted with us, and worked with us on our ceremony wording. With my guest count of 120, again Meghan projected her voice to the very last row and nobody had issues hearing her, without a microphone. She did a wonderful job capturing our relationship with the wording she choose, and she added some humor into our ceremony as we were marrying, again! Meghan did a wonderful job not once, but twice for us, and we would recommend her to everyone we know! She will not disappoint!!
    Liz C. Married on 09/05/2020

Wonderful experience

Meghan is wonderful, She works with you and she is all about making sure your ceremony is perfect and the way you want it. I Absolutely love her and highly recommend her. ❤️
  • MM Delthombaaso
    Mm Delthombaaso Married on 05/08/2020

A Calming Presence—No Matter the Weather!

Meghan was so easy to work with! I immediately felt comfortable speaking with her, even though we had to do all preparations virtually. She was very flexible in letting us write not just our own vows, but the entire wedding script, sending a huge collection of ideas to browse. Day-of, I felt calmed in her presence, like seeing another old friend while I got ready. We had to rush to start the ceremony—it was outdoors and there was a thunderstorm coming!—but Meghan kept her composure and measured speaking voice. Smiles and five stars all around!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Danby Rutland, VT, 05739
Location of (Meghan McLellan Wedding Officiant)

Other vendors in Burlington for your wedding