Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number

About Marry Me in DC

We are DC Licensed Officiants, performing non-religious wedding ceremonies in the Nations's Capitol and specializing in gay & lesbian wedding ceremonies. We are here to celebrate you, not just tolerate you on your wedding day. We are dedicated to making your special day a memorable one.

In addition to performing your legal ceremony in the District of Columbia, we are also able to file your marriage license paperwork on your behalf; a great option for non-residents.

Follow Marry Me in DC on

bridesinfrontofchurch
MMIDCBIGshadowHORZFINAL

15 Reviews for Marry Me in DC

Ray · Married on 10/09/2013

Deborah made my wedding come true... all was taken care of by her and her assistant so that Bob and I just had to show up! She recommended multiple venues, photographers that she had successfully worked with, examples of ceremonies and vows, 'Plan B' in case of inclement weather, etc. From the first contact I made to 'Marry Me in DC' to the 'I now pronounce you..." My husband Bob nor I could not have asked or expected more! While Deborah is very professional, she was also personable, open and warm. We were very specific on the date we wanted to marry as October 9th would be our 34th anniversary as a couple, and she immediately confirmed that date for us... so we 'made it official' on our 34th anniversary. I highly recommend Marry Me in DC for your wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Erica · Married on 03/10/2013

On our one year anniversary, we are reflecting on what a beautiful moment we shared on our wedding day and how we couldn't have done it without Deborah Cummings-Thomas 'Marry Me in DC.' She went above and beyond our expectations in doing the prep work and finding us the perfect venue, so that all we had to do is show up and confess our love. She truly made our experience memorable. We would have her marry us again and again. Thank you, Deborah and Marry Me in DC... The Reels

Sent on 03/09/2014

Eyvonne · Married on 11/05/2012

Deborah, literally, made our wedding a dream. Carl and I had feared that we would have to forfeit the romance and intimacy we craved for our special day because our own state of residence doesn't allow same sex marriage and, due to time and money constraints, we felt that we would have to settle for an impersonal signature-ceremony. I spoke to several officiants in the Washington D.C. area and all of them came across as very business oriented and impersonal. Then I talked to Deborah. From our first conversation I KNEW that she was the officiant for us. She has the most personable, caring, and genuinely Loving personality! Her vibrant and sympathetic persona came through so strongly over the phone, that I set my heart upon having her as part of our wedding. She went out of her way to help us make our long-time dream of being married a reality. She put forth her (considerable) experience in helping couples such as ourselves, to our benefit, to help us make the decisions we needed to make easy. There were so many things about being married in D.C. that we were simply unaware of, however, Deborah made sure we didn't have to worry about anything except being there on time. She handled ALL the paperwork, she worked with the location we choose (she even offered to find us a location at no extra charge!), and helped us create personalized vows that allowed us to stay true to both of our religious backgrounds.
    I can honestly say, that I believe Deborah not only brought something unique and special to our wedding day. I will go even further to say that Carl and I have every intention of not only staying in contact with Deborah and her partner Sheila, but we really feel that they will remain our True Friends for many years to come. To us they feel like family, and I really mean that.
    I would (and will) recommend Deborah to everyone we know, and to anyone reading this: Deborah is WONDERFUL! She made our wedding all we had hoped for and more! She will do the same for you!

Sent on 11/05/2012