MAR Cake Art

Houston, Texas View map

A talented wedding bakery in Houston, Texas, MAR Cake Art is committed to crafting memorable, unique and beautiful handmade confections. Owned and operated by professional baker Marcella Rodriguez, the bakery has been a delicious part of Houston’s wedding industry since May of 2013. Featuring artistic designs and delicious flavors, MAR Cake Art’s hand-sculpted works of art are sure to be the center of attention at your celebration!

From cake pops to macarons and everything in between, Marcella and her team work hand-in-hand to design confections that match the personality and style of each of their couples. For a truly delightful wedding experience, services include—but are not limited to—the following:

• Consultations
  • Private tastings
  • Custom design
  • Delivery
  • Setup

Other Services

Couples who entrust their wedding treats to MAR Cake Art benefit from a wide range of cake flavors and fillings. Options include—but are not limited to—the following:

• Vanilla
  • Strawberry
  • Apple
  • Woman-owned

$4

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$5

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$4

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Toppers

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Not Required

Suzanne Married on 11/18/2017
    Marcela was GREAT to work with. She was very quick to reply and always accommodating. The cake she designed was quite a masterpiece and definitely a hit! It was everything we asked for, and more!
    Kathleen Married on 10/21/2017
    Working with Marcella was a dream! She is extraordinarily talented and creative. Our cakes were breathtakingly beautiful and pricing was very reasonable. She also easily handled some unusual requests. We wanted a traditional wedding cake and a French croquembouche. It’s very hard to find bakers willing to take on a croquembouche even in a big city like Houston and she did a fabulous job. The profiteroles were perfection. Also, because our daughter’s wedding was at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, we wanted to geode cookies for guest favors. Her geode cookies were realistic, DELICIOUS, and presented beautifully in clear boxes with black velvet to look like a mini museum display. HMNS even featured them in their monthly magazine. We highly recommend Marcella and MARCakeArt!
    Alexandra Married on 10/14/2017
    I cannot speak highly enough of MAR Cake Art Studio. Marcela is a true artist! Not only did my wedding cake turn out absolutely gorgeous, but it tasted phenomenal!

At our tasting and first meeting, I realized Marcela was different from the other wedding cake bakers I had met. She listened to my design details, sketched a beautiful cake, and still bakes and decorates the cakes herself. Because of this, she is able to craft something unique and personal to you and your wedding needs, not pump out the same three or four styles of wedding cake like the other shops. And her flavors...wow. Her cakes and fillings were so good, we couldn't pick, and chose two different flavors for our six tier wedding cake: almond cake with chocolate ganache filling and classic white cake with strawberry filling. She also stayed very mindful of my budget, which I so appreciated!

A month before the wedding, I was unexpectedly diagnosed with celiac disease. Marcela made me feel calm and told me not to worry about the cake! She adjusted and made two gluten free layers, one for me and my husband to save for our anniversary, and the other for us to cut and eat on the wedding day. From what I heard from my husband, you could not tell the difference between the gluten free cake and the regular cake at all. Both tasted incredible!

On the wedding day itself, our cake stayed a focal point in the room. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how stunning it was! The comments didn't stop after they got to taste the flavors, and they ranted and raved about it all night.

I truly can't recommend Marcela and MAR Cake Art Studio enough to every Houston bride! I know I'll be returning for any of my special event baking needs from here on out.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

2608 Persa st. Ste#3, Ste#3 Houston, Texas, 77098
832-559-2477
832-548-1867

By Appointment Only Tuesday - Friday 9:00am to 2:00pm
Location of (MAR Cake Art)

Other vendors in Houston for your wedding