Makeup Mavens on Location.com

Makeup Mavens on Location.com

Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

15 Reviews for Makeup Mavens on Location.com

Carolina did an awesome job on with daughter's wedding makeup. She was very in tune to my daughter's "look"! She listened attentively and executed professionally making sure all were pleased with the results. My daughter was seeking a very specific look and Carolina really came through, easing her anxiety. Carolina's communication was top notch. She went above and beyond in creating a memorable day for all!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4712341, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Finding a makeup artist for my destination wedding in Michigan, being from Chicago, was a challenge. I had very specific ideas in mind of what I wanted as far as the eyes and then, after going through more than three trials, I found I wasn't happy with the contouring and all of those other "above and beyond" makeup techniques that I don't do everyday but wanted for my wedding! Then came my trial with Carolina....and I knew I had FINALLY found my match. And this is not to say you couldn't go totally natural, but the different tones really highlight your features and contour your face to look really incredible in photographs. Carolina listened to exactly what I wanted when it came to my eyes and worked to get as dramatic and sultry as I was looking for, without being a standing smoky eye. As we worked through makeup on the day of, I was able to make comments and she was ready and willing to add and make changes so that I was completely happy with my BEAUTIFUL makeup. She was great at taking my Pinterest pics and bringing them to life with her own expertise. Also, I loved the fact that she provided a sample lipstick and gloss for me to touch up for my pictures and throughout the evening - all complimentary for the bride and MOB. I will definitely go back for any special occasions and am working to set up a makeup "how-to" for Carolina to help me with my everyday look. Definitely recommend and from my research, the pricing was good and well worth the services.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 11/1/14, 1 Review
2.3

We have known of makeup mavens for a while as friendly acquaintances but hadn't had an event to use them for until my wedding. My trial makeup looked completely different from my wedding makeup. I paid for a trial, because I wanted the peace of mind and same look for my wedding. I was under the impression that she wrote down everything I liked at the trial so there wouldn't be any issues on my wedding day. Wedding day -- I felt like a clown with heavy liner (that was removed once she remembered I didn't like heavy liner) and colors that weren't used at my trial. I didn't make a big deal about it because I didn't want the extra stress and panic 90 minutes before I walked down the aisle. I was very happy with the airbrushing foundation and eyelashes, but essentially used my own products and eyeshadow colors when I got back to the hotel. I was dissapointed that none of my trial makeup was used (other than the airbrush color) because I'm not sure she had the same journal with her with my notes. The products are great and probably worth the price... Just didnt think I would have to take notes on my own trial or I would have! N

View Vendor Response