Closed business icon The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

37 Reviews for Makeup & Hair By Hanna Choi

Airbrush Makeup (2)
Fake Lashes (2)
Contour Makeup (1)

0.8

PLEASE READ: If you have decided to go with Hanna, make sure you do a trial session and do NOT put down a deposit until you are completely satisfied. Get a 'receipt' with everything (she just sends an email, but better than nothing).

I made the mistake of trusting that everything would be fine. Hanna dropped all communication after I sent the deposit check to her. She "lost" two deposit checks despite the fact that I had sent the checks via certified mail with return receipt and her signature, and I have records she deposited the check from my bank, not to mention she emailed me stating she received the check. She continually gave excuses and I tried to be as understanding as possible, but this is a business and it's just not professional to lose checks, not respond to messages weeks before the wedding, and cancel the trial session 6 hours prior to the scheduled time. I lost my $1k deposit and there's no way I'm getting it back so please heed my advice and use caution; don't fall into the same trap I did. I'm sorry that she lost her mom and got sick, but if she could not honor her professional contracts, she should have done the honorable thing and inform her clients with ample time to book a new vendor and refunded them if she didn't perform any services whatsoever (I didn't even see her once). There is no shame in needing time off to grieve, but I literally had no idea if Hanna was going to show up late or show up at all on my wedding day with how flaky and unprofessional she was. I truly wanted to have Hanna even though she was the most expensive out of all the other contenders, but in the end I had to cut my losses and re-book a different vendor whom I could rely on.

Profile Picture Blaira, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

We worked with Hanna for hair and make-up for the groomsladies at our wedding, and we had a great experience with them! They provided great service at a very reasonable price. Several of my friends have used them as well, and all of them had a wonderful experience as well. Recommended.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 4/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Planning an destination wedding can be stressful - especially when you need to hire supplemental vendors. I wanted to hire Hanna more than a year out from my wedding date because her portfolio held images that I could imagine on myself for my wedding day; and she did not disappoint me one bit. She was always prompt to return emails and answer questions. Her prices were exactly the same as I would have probably paid for at home and I felt like her work was worth more than the price. She was able and willing to schedule a trial at a date that was long before typical trials are held to accommodate my travel plans. She was on time and brought a wonderful assistant on the morning of my wedding. I felt gorgeous and luminous. She was efficient and friendly and I couldn't have asked for better make up services on this special day.

Profile Picture Gina, 2/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists