Makeup by Jennifer Tanko

New York, NY View map

NYC-based makeup artist, Baltimore and DC trained

I worked with MAC Cosmetics from 2009-2013, and freelanced independently from 2011-2015. I took two years off after grad school and moving to New York, and am ready to bring my talent to the five boroughs and beyond.

I have trained with industry makeup artists at Towson University, passed MAC basic certification, and I also have a threading certification from Von Lee International School of Aesthetics. I'm professional, personable and fun to work with and I seek to create an empowering makeup experience that's ALL about my client! Together we can create a makeup look that's perfect for you.

Working weddings is a passion of mine--the energy is inspiring and unlike any other job! Bringing elements of teaching to my makeovers is something I value, but I also offer full-out lessons so I can share my passion with you, if you'd like to do your own makeup or pick up some cute tips for the honeymoon.

Natural, effortless makeup is my specialty, but I can always help you make your look more formal or upscale if you like a little more drama. Whether you're makeup-challenged or makeup literate, I always walk you through a look so we can slowly build it up to the level you like and are comfortable with. Even if you've never had your face done, don't be afraid to reach out! Most of my brides prefer understated makeup, and I can refer you to past clients who were also new to makeup when they approached me.

About 95% of my kit is MAC, but I also use brands like Dinair, NARS, Makeup Forever, Urban Decay, Ben Nye, eEyelashes, OCC and Benefit. I'm constantly watching makeup tutorials and reading beauty blogs and consider myself something of an expert on hot beauty products, although I also have my tried and true products that will always be a part of my professional kit! Everything I choose for my kit is chosen for its longevity, and you have my guaruntee that your makeup will last through sweat and tears.

Bonnie Married on 07/12/2014
    Jenn was AMAZING. She was recommended to me by a friend and I didn't know what to expect. However, during my trial, she was friendly and answered any questions I had.

On the day of, she provided amazing services for me, my bridesmaids and our mothers. She also knew exactly how to do makeup for me as my eyeliner tends to bleed. I also made the mistake of kissing my mom on the cheek and messing up her makeup, which Jenn fixed right away.

Her communication was also spot on - I couldn't have imagined using anyone else as a make-up artist.

I absolutely recommend Jenn to people and hope that my friend who is getting married soon uses her, too!
    Kate Married on 06/28/2014
    All of my girls, including myself looked amazing. She is very personal and was great to have in the room with us when we were all getting ready!
    Danielle Married on 04/12/2014
    Jenn was highly recommended to me by a friend who had her wedding makeup done by Jenn. SHE IS AMAZING! She was so professional and so kind and so sweet! She did my makeup, my mother's, aunt's, and three bridesmaids for the day of! She was even very calm and positivie despite my limo driver having hit her car that morning! Yikes! Poor girl, but she didn't let that rattle her positive attitude or take away from helping me! She's so amazing!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

JKW Beauty JKW Beauty Wedding Hair & Makeup

Jen has the spunk and smile to brighten up anyone's day, she is a true artist. She can really tailor a look to fit anyone's style. If you are looking for a make up artist to have fun with while getting ready for your special day, Jen is your girl!

New York, 10065
Location of (Makeup by Jennifer Tanko)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding