Durham, NC 27722 Map · Phone number

Madhatter Bakeshop and Cafe 1
Madhatter Bakeshop and Cafe 2
Madhatter Bakeshop and Cafe 3

Stephanie · Married on 12/29/2018

Get the Strawberry Shortcake, Black and White, Lemon, and Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes! Delicious!!!!

My husband and I used Mad Hatters for our recent wedding to provide a cake and cupcakes for dessert for our guests. As Duke Alumni, this was an easy choice! Not only did they prepare everything, but delivered the sweets right on schedule and kept it hassle free. For cupcake flavors, the black and whites, lemons, strawberry shortcakes, and peanut butter chocolates were all delicious, getting lots of compliments from out guests. I’d recommend to anyone looking for cakes / cupcakes at a fair price in the Durham area.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2018

We love Black & White cake!

Having a wedding cake that was not only beautiful but also delicious was really important to us and Black & White cake is pretty much as good as it gets! I was very impressed by how moist the cake was-- there was zero quality degradation with the large scale of a 4-tiered cake compared to a standard-sized one, which has not always been my experience with other bakeries. Elizabeth was wonderful about accommodating my very specific design requests for each tier and the cake was absolutely gorgeous! I would highly recommend working with Mad Hatter on your wedding cake.

Sent on 10/18/2018

We had a small wedding and originally our cake was going to be made by a family member, but then something came up. I have been to Madhatter for breakfast and eaten their pastries before and knew everything was delicious. I had never tried any of Madhatter's cakes before, but they have a good reputation and everything I've ever had there was good, so I just trusted the cake would be good. I emailed them 4 days before my wedding and asked if they could make a cake for 32 people, that we could pick up on our wedding day. I really wanted the lemon lattice cake, so we got it as is, and didn't try to make it all white to look like a traditional wedding cake and it was a 10" round, single layer. Picking up the cake was super easy and it was well packaged.

The cake was an absolute hit. I have had multiple guests, male!, tell me that is the best wedding cake they've ever had. There was almost no cake left, and that was after everyone had already had appetizers, dinner, and pecan pie at The Pit. It was really delicious, incredibly lemony which I love, and I'm super sad that we forgot to grab the small amount that was leftover as we were leaving the wedding. Next time we are in town I'm definitely stopping by to get a slice.

Sent on 10/05/2017