180 McCormick Road, Charlottesville, VA 22904 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Ma Belle Calligraphy

Welcome to my calligraphy corner of the world, friend. I'm Michelle, the calligrapher and designer behind Ma Belle Calligraphy.

A little about me: I was born in Puerto Rico, grew up in Florida and currently live in Charlottesville, Virginia with my husband, our IVF miracle, and our two fur pups. Every since I was a little girl, I have always been fascinated by hand lettering. I was totally that kid in school scribbing away in my notebook trying to constantly perfect my handwriting.

Around the time we were getting married, a fire lit under me and I finally decided that I was going to learn calligraphy. I ended up doing all of our wedding calligraphy and opened up my little Etsy shop back in the summer of 2015.

I didn’t always know I wanted to be a calligrapher, but life has a funny way of leading us to our callings.

If you’re here, I hope it’s because you know that a handwritten note can make someone feel special. That a few words can tell a story. And that a pretty piece of art can memorialize a moment for years to come.

Over the last couple of years, I've had the privilege of working with some amazing clients and couples.

I love working on projects with a story behind them - projects that have meaning and bring people joy. I've been so moved by the sweet clients I've had the opportunity to work with thus far and can't wait to meet you and learn more about your story!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Michelle

Ma Belle Calligraphy 1
Ma Belle Calligraphy 2
  • Katie

Katie Amos · Married on 09/07/2019

Michelle was genuine, easy to work with, and made the wedding planning process that much less stressful!!

Michelle made the calligraphy process stress free! From her positive attitude, to her clear excitement and passion for the wedding process, she was easy to get to know and to work with. She was extremely responsive, which was so relieving during a time where you feel like you need quick answers! She spotted mistakes I had made, reached out, and corrected them, which was so very helpful! Her work was extraordinary - we have had so many friends and family members remark on the beautiful lettering on their invitations. We would absolutely consider using her again for future lettering projects!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

Customized Calligraphy of our Dreams!

As a professional in the wedding industry, I know many talented calligraphers. After meeting first with Michelle in an introductory lettering class, I just appreciated her genuine passion for her calligraphy and being able to bring a meaningful and personalized touch to her work for her clients. I'm thrilled my husband and I were able to commission her for all of our details for our wedding: from addressing envelopes and customized escort cards, to Mr. & Mrs. plaques and signature cocktail signs for our bar, Michelle brought all of our wedding day lettering dreams to life! She is so worth the investment, and I love being able to refer her to my clients!

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Ma Belle Calligraphy 3
    Ma Belle Calligraphy 4

Ma Belle Calligraphy Pricing

Ma Belle Calligraphy Price Rates

Ma Belle Calligraphy FAQ

• What invitation and card products do you offer? Place Cards, RSVP Cards, Thank Yous
  • What services do you provide? Addressing, Calligraphy, Embossed