Manchester, NH 03101 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 3

About Lowbrow Events

A wedding is a party. A marriage is forever and as such, the greater part of your focus should be in preparation for the forever thing.

I'm different from a lot of wedding planners in that I don't focus on giving you the most spectacular, the most flashy, the most blog worthy wedding day. (I'm really selling myself at this point huh?) I help give you and your partner a day that's authentic to who you are. That means I find vendors who are a fit for you, not ones that I've partnered with for financial purposes. It means I'll never tell you "This is what happens at a wedding.

I'm also different in my approach, I feel that there is already way too much stress put on the wedding day, and emphasis put on the wrong things. It's important for me to really get to know my clients mainly because I help plan your wedding based around a system of priorities. By knowning what's most important to you, that helps in everything from working with a budget to adjusting scheduling. If I know that your priority is your loved ones having a great time, I'm not going to break up the dance party because it's time for the toasts. I embrace technology, and love working with anything from photobooths, live wedding streaming, to Twitter song request hashtags.

If you want to get to know me better, check out my site.

Follow Lowbrow Events on

e440f91bf1c00802 1327337423231 HudsonValleyWeddingPhotographer030
e440f91bf1c00802 1327337423231 HudsonValleyWeddingPhotographer030

• Videos 2

9 Reviews for Lowbrow Events

• User2932009 · 2+ years ago

For starters, Wedding Wire, EPIC FAIL. I am a GROOM writing this, and you should be ashamed of yourselves for using such heteronormative gender stereotyped language in your review prompts. "Please provide comments and feedback that future brides would find helpful?" Psh.

Now that I've gotten that off my [hairy] chest, Ang, the proprietor of Lowbrow Events, is amazing. After attending a number of relatives' weddings where their parents did all of the planning and day-of execution, we recognized how vital it was to have someone there to help us plan and run everything. We also had to deal with family drama, so having someone there who could act as a go-between in difficult family situations was a must.

Ang was immediately helpful from the very beginning, as said family drama started to materialize during the planning process. She enthusiastically volunteered to play shuttle diplomacy with the parents and buffer us from any destructive communications. She also made sure we hadn't overlooked anything in the planning process. But Ang really shined when she arrived (we were many states away, but we still went with her). Ang spent the entire weekend with her 'clipboard of power,' making sure everything was paid for, cars and family members were where they needed to be, last minute decorations were put up, etc. She had even arranged contingency plans with the local police in case the family drama got out of hand (which it almost did...). We could not have hoped for better help to make the party we spent a year planning go any better.

All in all, Ang was key to our successful event and I would strongly recommend her to anyone anywhere planning an event.

Sent on 01/02/2013
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 10/14/2012

If I was planning my wedding all over again and I knew Ang existed, I would pay at least DOUBLE what we paid her. In all actuality, there is no price that you can put on Ang and her expertise. True story, I didn't think I was going to enjoy my wedding day, mainly because I am a giant spaz and tend to stress out a LOT. Ang was there for me every step of the way, even though I had "only" booked her for day-of coordination. She is so much more than a wedding planner. She is a therapist, a strategist, an analyst, a crafter, a sounding board, and an all-around beautiful human being.

Ang figured out ways to wrangle both my and my now-husband's divorced families (no small feat), put together our floral centerpieces the morning of the wedding, carried the world's most complete emergency kit (with Tide pads, great for getting some random dirt off of my dress post-photos), made sure that I ate, and checked in throughout the evening to ensure that things were happening how we wanted them to be happening. It was amazing to not have to worry about a single thing on such a busy and important day. I can honestly say that because of Ang, I was able to let go, breathe, and fully be present and enjoy my wedding day.

And THAT is why Ang is priceless. Seriously, if you need a wedding planner (in any capacity), book Ang. You will NOT regret it, and bonues - you'll get to make an awesome new friend.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Sherri · Married on 08/18/2012

We could not have been more pleased with our wedding planner. We used Ang as a "day-of" coordinator, but she was so much more than that! The day-of services include multiple phone calls leading up to the wedding, where she provided us with great ideas and things to think about. She came the night before the wedding to lead the rehearsal with our enormous wedding party which she took right in stride. On the day of the wedding, she handled everything from vendor tips to bringing us snacks! Although we were very organized and felt like we had things under control, Ang's services still turned out to be invaluable. Her warm personality and creative energy made her a pleasure to work with, and we would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 08/27/2012

• Crafty Broads
    Crafty Broads Wedding Planners

Ang will plan/coordinate the hell out of your wedding. There's hardly a need to say more than that, but I will. Whatever you need, she's got your back. She is one of the hardest workers I know, and she will not rest from the moment you hire her until the last gift is packed up in your parents' car. She will kick ass and take names as needed, but she is also one of the nicest people around. She knows a lot about everything, and is a fierce and speedy researcher about whatever new-to-her topics may arise. She is the most awesome best friend you could imagine having around to help with your wedding, so why are you still reading this? Go hire her, before her rates go up to what she's worth.

• Blush Celebrations
    Blush Celebrations Wedding Planners

Ang just rocks all the way around. She can do it all and WILL do it all for her clients. She's the perfect mix of sassy, offbeat and practical and is pretty much just amazing. Seriously, if she is available on your date, hire her!!

• moodeous photography
    moodeous photography Wedding Photographers

Ang is a wedding planning ninja mixed with all the amazing qualities of someone you could stay up all night talking and drinking wine with, covered in sanity and honesty sprinkles with very professional whip cream on top. Is the sundae analogy working? Even if it's not. Ang is wedding planning gold. She'll tell you like it is with honesty, forthrightness, grace and humor. She'll make your vintage chic rustic thrifing DIY dreams come true and she'll never let you get to the point of wedding planning overload, because she's here to help. Plus, she travels. So hire Ang and enjoy working with one of the coolest pros in the biz. You'll be stoked you did.