Tuckahoe, NY View map Visit website

Based out of New York City, Lotus Threads is a wedding dress service that specializes in non-traditional attire. Known for their elegant and distinctive designs, this business takes pride in offering soon-to-be newlyweds contemporary alternatives to the classic wedding gown. Passionate about empowering brides-to-be to look and feel beautiful, their expert team has the skill to bring any sartorial vision to life.

Lotus Threads’ extensive range of wedding dresses will surely appeal to a broad spectrum of style, color, size preferences. From minimalist gowns to eye-catching dresses, their collections are bound to leave you spoiled for choice. As the creative director, Maribel Diaz takes time to ensure that every detail of each gown is tailored to perfection. Lotus Threads proudly welcomes clients from all walks of life, celebrating romance in all its forms.

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$500 - $999
$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999
$4,000 - $6,499

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Full Customization
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Bridal Gowns
Dress Replicas
Formal Gowns
Plus Size Gowns
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Monthly

What is your return policy?

Exchanges
Final Sales

Rachel Married on 12/27/2020

Amazing Dress Experience!

I feel so lucky to have worked with Maribel from Lotus Threads for my wedding dress. Maribel is extremely talented, creative and lovely to work with. From the first time in her showroom she made sure I felt comfortable. There were so many beautiful designs to choose from and she created a dream wedding dress for me. The quality and craftsmanship are outstanding not to mention the professionalism and kindness of Maribel and the Lotus team. Could not recommend more!

Dear Rachel,
    Our goal is to create the perfect fit for every bride, and the fact that you felt your dress as yours and yours only, makes our work worth it.
    Please tell us the story of your wedding. How did you feel in it during the big moment?

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Married on 12/12/2020

Beautiful Dresses!

The team at Lotus Threads was amazing! From being so patient with me when it came to choosing a dress, to working with my budget when I finally found one. If you want a unique dress where you can make changes to suit your style, Lotus Threads is the place to go! They were so accommodating, not just because it's a pandemic, but because I live in the Caribbean, and couldn't do a 1st fitting. They were mindful of my timeline and my distance and kept me updated on my dress. I want to give special mention as well to Maribel, who was so patient with me and gave good advice. I trusted her with my dress even though I did not see it, because she was so communicative. I would highly recommend Lotus Threads!

Dear Tremayne,
    Thank you for your kind words. The distance should not be an issue when you can communicate and share not only your measures, but your vision, and dreams.
    Please, don´t forget to tell us how you felt with your dress on. How was the experience of wearing it and how it made you feel during your wedding?
    Once again, thank you.

• Mabel
    Mabel C. Married on 12/05/2020

Beautiful wedding dresses with a modern twist and very helpful staff

I was so lucky to work with Lotus Threads in which I found them through instagram. The staff, including Maribel is very helpful and responsive to all emails and calls. Their dresses are very high quality and you can see it in the small details, including the intricate late and hand sewn beading. When I went for my appointment, all covid precautions were done before and during the time and I was assured that all the gowns had been sterilized before other people had handled them.
    I had no limit to how many dresses I tried and Maribel was very insightful about what style I was looking for and gave me suggestions. She also gave me tips on accessorizing with their outer skirts that they had in the store and how to transition between ceremony and reception.
    I haven't found my dress yet, but I have my eye on a few beautiful gowns that are super unique. I can't wait to see their new location in Eastchester!

Dear Mabel,
    Your dress is waiting for you in our new location, we know it!

The moment you come to our showroom, we will do everything we can to make you feel welcomed and safe. Don´t forget to have a mental picture of how you want to look, and how do you want to show your beauty. If you can have that clear image in your mind, we can make it possible.
    We wait for you!

Real Weddings

• Amanda & Colin
    20 photos · 09/24/2020

Team

Maribel Diaz
Maribel Diaz
Designer

Six years ago, I fell in love with non-traditional bridal gowns. I’d worked in fashion design and manufacturing for over 20 years at that point. Nobody in New York was doing anything quite like it yet. I thought, “what a shame.”

This city is unique. Its culture, and its people add new vibrance to a town steeped in glamour. I want to design dresses reflecting that elegance.

I believe all women are beautiful - every age, shape, and size. Our bodies change as we journey through life. If anything can reflect the strength and grace of that journey, it’s a gown.

I design for a woman who sees herself as sensible. I see her as a goddess, writing her own story in our universe. She is timeless, sophisticated, elegant. Designers think of their garments as art. I think my gown only becomes art with the addition of the woman wearing it.

Women who change the world inspire every design. That’s why I name gowns after goddesses. Both heroines from mythology and their real-life counterparts create the future they want to see. They’re tenacious, resilient, much like the lotus flower for which our brand is named.

When I begin to work on a new design, I want to make the dress sensible for the whole wedding event. I love working with beading because I feel the hand techniques make it unique. It is a lot of work and it takes passionate people to commit to the labor. It is truly a labor of love and that energy is felt when wearing our dresses.

We focus on the quality of the material, the centuries-old hand-beading techniques, and the lace. Not just because we love it, but because it allows a dress to last. These dresses can be altered to wear time and again.

Timeless rather than trendy styles, and extra design work allows each dress to be shortened. Women send me pictures of their altered dresses from anniversary dinners years later. That is the sort of sustainable fashion that I hope to see more of in the future. My goal is to build up a line where every woman can feel like herself on her wedding day - to be herself. We only cherish dresses we make memories wearing. Part of a gown’s job is the way it makes someone feel.

Then what could be better than wearing it again?

42 Oak Avenue Tuckahoe, NY, 10707
332-877-9873
Location of (Lotus Threads)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding