About A Little Imagination Cakes

Handcrafted custom cakes and cupcakes for all of life’s special occasions. From weddings and showers to birthdays and graduations, we work with you to design a cake that fits your personal style and event theme.

All of our cakes are baked with your choice of flavors and fillings and are decorated with marshmallow fondant, gumpaste and other soft icings, so the dessert you serve will not only look stunning, but also taste amazing.
For a complete list of favors and fillings, please visit our website.

Who We Are

A Little Imagination Cakes began almost 5 years ago with Hope Wright-Martell and, you guessed it... a little imagination. A part-time caker for years, Hope eventually found herself dedicating more and more of her time to her confectionery creations. As orders filled the calendar and flour covered more of her wardrobe, it was clear that the kitchen was calling her, so she traded in the 9-5 office grind for her apron full-time. Deftly manipulating fondant to her will ever since, Hope is now one of the premier cake sculptors in the area.

Categories: Wedding Cake

Setup (5)
Cake Stands (3)
Cupcakes (2)
Groom's Cake (1)

My husband and I were wed this past September 2017. We were incredibly lucky to find Hope and her A Little Imagination Cakes Bakery booth at a near by bridal show. WHAT A BLESSING!!
Hopes creations are absolutely incredible. They are not just unique, but masterfully executed! Just as importantly, her cake and cupcakes no matter how big or how small are delicious, but MOST importantly is that they are ALWAYS moist. Even at the tasting, she made us mini cupcakes in a variety of flavors to pair with a full palet of mousse’s and buttercreams and whipcreams. These mini cupcakes were more flavorful and moist than the majority of full size “gourmet” cupcakes ive had anywhere else.
The cake flavor selection is mind boggling! She has perfected recipes for a huge variety of really inventive flavors. We chose for our sweetheart cake flavor, coconut lime. It was amazing and I was eating it everyday for the week and half after our wedding. The last bite was just as tasty! I still daydream about how good it was. I intentionally over ordered by at least 2 dozen based on the number of guests we had. The only reason I got the 4 leftover cupcakes I had was because I had stashed them away as soon as Hope delivered them.
Then there is the woman behind the delicious! A small business owner and sweetheart, Hope is not just unbelievably talented as far as baking delicious goodies and decorating them in a way that makes you triple guess whether those are real flowers on that cake or not, but she also loves what she does, and it really shows. She successfully strives to create a personal and memorable experience for you with her unmatched skills in the kitchen!! We very highly recommend Hope and A Little Imagination Cakes for any and all of your future baked good, spectacular event cake, or cupcake tower needs!!
Hope also recommended the florist we ended up using for the wedding, who was just perfect!
We really owe Hope a lot

Photo of A Little Imagination Cakes in West Hartford, CT - This was after being cut into, but check out that sugar work
Profile Picture Lorien, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Little did we know when my husband and I were referred to Hope Butler by our photographer Carrie Draghi at the Hartford Wedding Expo, that we had just found the BEST baker in Connecticut. We had looked and tasted a couple of other bakeries, but nothing compared to what Hope had to offer. On our first visit and consultation she drew up a sketch of our ideas (which would later become our cake) and had so many wonderful flavor suggestions and options. On wedding day, our cake and cupcakes arrived on time and they were beautiful! Everything was so expertly done and flawless. It was almost to pretty to eat . . . ALMOST! Everything was delicious! We could not be more pleased with Hope and her amazing abilities. Truly a wonderful experience.

Ryan and Thommy
07-29-2017

Profile Picture Ryan, 7/29/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

A Little Imagination Cakes Pricing

Wedding Cakes Pricing
Fondant Starting Price (Per Slice, Without Tax)
Starting from $7.00
Cake Prices Include:
Anniversary Cake
Cupcakes (Each, Without Tax)
Starting from $4.00

220x220 sq 1328628661320 2965641015026366843549326324926549280636694879865n
220x220 sq 1328628850789 hope0001
220x220 sq 1296167021584 mailattachment

8 ENDORSEMENTS
Just as beautiful as they are delicious. Hope's convection creations will be a huge hit for any occasion. She created a cake for my grandmother's birthday that was everything I envisioned. It was so realistic, and the smile on my grammy's face made me so happy! The same month my husband surprised me with a cake for our anniversary. It looked just like the top layer of our cake. It tasted amazing and created a memory that I will cherish forever. Who knew sugar could be so sentimental?!

A little imagination is an understatement. Hope and her staff do wonders designing the most creative and artful (as well as good tasting) cakes I have seen!

some of the yummiest cakes around - and a really nice person to do business as well too!!!

Hope and her team are unbelievable! Every time we get a chance to work with them I am nothing short of amazed. Sure her cakes look great as I'm sure you know, but they also taste great too (this coming from a former chef:)! I highly recommend Imagination Cakes.

127 Park Rd, West Hartford, CT 06119   See On Map
860-365-9544 (phone)
By Appointment
A Little Imagination Cakes is a wedding Cake Shop from Middletown CT. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. A Little Imagination Cakes is a professional wedding Bakery that has been part of the New England wedding industry for 6 years. We specialize in Custom Wedding cakes and Grooms Cakes.