Camarillo, CA 93010 Map · Phone number

About Lesley Bryce photography

After graduating from Cal State Northridge in 2004, and receiving her BA degree in Fine Art Photography-Studio Arts, Lesley Bryce Photography was born. Lesley combines the best of both worlds, a keen sense of personal creativity paired with a skilled, technical ability acquired through all her years of study. She relies heavily on her background in traditional film/darkroom processing to inform and enhance her use of digital technology in producing the best possible imagery. Every day Lesley challenges herself to push the limits of her art. Lesley has maintained a dual-focus business as she covers both private and commercial clients. Bringing a fresh perspective to her camera work, she infuses new ?life? into Lifestyle photography. Privately, she concentrates on weddings, family, children, and pets (PET-itorials.) Commercially, she has focused on headshots, magazine covers/editorial, catalog fashion, and product-marketing. Every client is unique and has a special goal in mind. Lesley believes it?s the photographer?s responsibility to bring that vision to light; capturing the honesty and truth of those rich, timeless moments. Each experience in front of the camera should tell a story, whether it?s chronicling heartwarming milestones such as your wedding day, the birth of your child, or the time you bring home your new puppy. It?s up to the photographer to encapsulate that beautiful instant in time. Concurrently, a commercial client has specific needs. Lesley prides herself on working closely with the ideas that they bring to the table, and strives to achieve the best possible outcome. The most important aspect is to maintain an observer?s eye, and that is why Lesley takes an unobtrusive tact when working in any situation. The moments are about the client, not about the photographer. Her gentle, assured approach eliminates tension and anxiety. She would love to be the photgrapher to help you piece together the images of your life!

IMG2136
f6408b9d9bf26689 1273608864361 0014
IMG3000

2 Reviews for Lesley Bryce photography

Leslie · Married on 10/23/2010

Lesley is a pleasure to work with - she takes amazing photos too!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Erin · Married on 07/01/2010

3.2
      3.5

This is a tough review to write because our wedding photography was the one thing that we were disappointed in on our wedding day. And I think that it is also partially our fault for not being completely aware of what to look for in researching a photographer. So I think what happened is what we really wanted for pictures was not the strongest part of Lesley's photography.
    She does amazing posed photographs. She is very creative and skilled with lighting, poses, scenery, effects, and props for posed pictures. They look fantastic. We are pretty happy with our posed shots for our wedding. However, what my husband and I really wanted were those candid pictures. The ones that are caught when people don't realize anyone is taking a picture of them. And we didn't get many of those. There are some shots I was hoping for, but we didn't get. And that might be our fault for not making a list of "must-have" shots, but we didn't want to stifle any creativity of the professional. There were also quite a few fun moments in our reception that were missed too, so that was a little sad for us, since we can't redo that day. We didn't get very many pictures back and some that were included in our library are ones that are unusable. Overall, she was pleasant to work with, but didn't quite do the job we had hoped for and since photography was one of our top priorities and a large chunk of our budget, we were disappointed.

Sent on 11/17/2010

Lesley Bryce photography's reply:

I would like to share my side of the story...They are very nice couple, and I am sure mean well, but I am not a magician who can get blood from a turnip. Their images turned amazing especially with what I had to work with.

When we first met I told Erin and Adam I liked to do wedding shoots that were not cookie cutter, but rather showed more non traditional shots with the bride and groom totally engaged. Erin and Adam are taking me far too literally with the word "traditional". A wedding is, and of itself, a tradition and the ceremony and reception have special 'traditions' which the bride and groom are involved in and allow me to take "non-traditional" images of. Erin & Adam were not involved in any of these at your reception with the exception of the toast, which I did capture, and the the cake cutting which I had to urge and push Erin and Adam to do.

I had asked several times before the wedding for a list of shots Erin and Adam absolutely wanted...never received one. In addition, Erin and Adam never mentioned or listed any particular shots they would like to see when filling out our contract forms. On the day of the wedding, during the reception, I continued to ask what they wanted me to take photographs of, since they had no dancing, no DJ/music, or activities to be captured. I realize it was a very warm day, but any suggestions of poses were met with a "no, it isn't necessary". .Erin and Adam had led me to believe they were going to have an elaborate reception with fun interactions, dancing, activities etc. All I could see were people eating and drinking. In my experience, and I have photographed dozens of weddings, no bride or groom has ever wanted or purchased those types of photographs (I also mention in our consultation together that I don't take photos when everyone is eating). If indeed, these were the shots they truly wanted to see, Erin and Adam needed to convey that to me. Please note also that I also feel 'comfortable' in taking most any type of picture, as long as I know what my client wants and they can verbally convey that to me.
    To be able to capture special moments one must have cooperation and buy in from the bride and groom. Unfortunately, neither Adam or Erin engaged me in the creation of those memories.

Lesley Bryce photography FAQ

• What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

• New Chapter Productions
    New Chapter Productions Wedding Videographers

Lesley is an amazing photographer and a lot of fun to work with. We highly suggest her! If you're looking for a videographer, check out www.NewChapterProductions.net

• Camarillo, 93010 See on map