Leila Ryan Events

Newport, RI View map Visit website

Leila Ryan Events, located in Newport, Rhode Island, is a boutique planning and design company that specializes in weddings and other social celebrations. The team highly values their relationships with every client. They find joy in creating unique experiences for each couple that reflects their personalities. The professional team helps create unique experiences for each couple that reflects their personalities. The owners of the company, Katie Ryan and Sarah Leila, are truly passionate about planning, design, and creating unforgettable events for couples and guests.

Leila Ryan Events offers an innovative perspective and years of knowledge in the wedding planning and events industry. The company provides a selection of wedding packages to fit the needs of each couple. Three options available are the Extravagant, Elegant, and Proposal Planning packages.

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Rebecca
    Rebecca M. Married on 08/13/2021

The KEY to a Perfect Wedding

Leila Ryan Events was the key to a perfect wedding. We could not have had such a seamless event without them, especially during 2020. We ran into our fair share of bumps but they never seemed too drastic with LRE on my side. Katie was a very helpful mind and hand leading up to our wedding. Day of, Katie and Sarah went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. I had gone back and forth on if I wanted a planner outside of my wedding venue (they gave us a coordinator but I wouldn’t consider it a personal planner). Adding a planner to my vendor team was the best decision I ever made. My entire family agreed with me after they saw what Leila Ryan Events did for my husband and I October 2020. Long story short, if there are any issues along the way, you will hear the issue and solution in the same sentence when working with Leila Ryan Events.

To begin, I spoke to numerous wedding planners on my search for the right fit. I wanted someone/team who I felt connected to and not just a business transaction. Katie and I connected instantly and she was the person I knew would be amazing for our wedding. We first spoke in July 2019 - covid was not a worry or concern. We had to wait for 2020 to come in order to sign a contract and I was crossing my fingers we would be able to work together. I had signed contracts with most of my vendors prior to July 2019 so we both believed full planner was not the best fit for me and a month of would be most helpful.

Fall of 2019- I got word that the Jazz festival was on the same weekend of our wedding. My wedding venue salesperson told me ‘whatever you do don’t get married during the jazz festival’ then the jazz festival changed their dates and everything fell on our same weekend. In a panic I called Katie to see what I should do. Not only did Katie give me a sense of calm but she helped get a plan together, assured me I did not need to change my entire wedding date and all, and made together we made a plan on how to move forward. (This was before we were able to sign a contract)

As 2020 came around, I was able to officially hire LRE. As 2020 took a turn for the worse and no one in the wedding industry/brides knew what was going on, I felt as comfortable as one could in this situation having Katie and Sarah on my team. Katie and I talked weekly coming up with a best case scenario plan for our wedding. We decided to change our 250 person guest list to a 35 person event held somewhere in Newport on our original date. We would then host a celebration in 2021 with our full guest list. But we wanted to get married in 2020. We made plans for this smaller event then evidently had to make the decision to move our event to October. Third time was a charm. We planned to host an intimate weekend with our closest family, having a ceremony and cocktail hour at our venue then moving into downtown for a private dinner with our family. Leading up to all these changes, Sarah and Katie helped me make decisions on the fly and moved with every punch we were thrown. New information was given on rules and regulations regularly and Katie always kept me in the loop. I was living in Florida and she made sure keep me up to date on what the governor was saying about the wedding industry guidelines.

As our wedding weekend approached, Katie and I met to go over all information. She took over all communications with vendors and i was feeling confident and comfortable leading up to my wedding. I felt I was able to finish up the small details I needed to and not worry about contacting any vendors or answering last minute questions. One day before we were set to travel to Newport from CT, I got a call from Katie. My musician had tested positive for COVID and was unable to come to our event. Luckily, my musician called Katie and before I even knew of the news, Katie had a new musician lined up and ready to be booked with my OK. This was something that if my musician called me personally, I would have had a panic and probably had a CD recording playing music down the isle. I never would have been able to book a musician so quickly two days before the wedding.

Since we were not from Newport, we decided to get our marriage license the weekend of our wedding. Because of COVID, the office was closed when we arrived and we were met with an unpleasant person on the other line of the office. I immediately called Katie, she made some phone calls and was met with tasks that were out of all our control. She went beyond to get us a marriage license but the person was not having it. We all talked and made a plan that was best for us. This was another unfortunate event that would have put a damper on our weekend but because of LRE, we had an hour of panic and then relaxed immediately and now our family laughs about it.

Onto our wedding day! As I was having brunch with the girls and my husband was golfing, Sarah and Katie were running around making sure all was set up and in order. They took all the dresses of girls getting ready with me and the guys outfits to our venue to get them steamed and set for our arrival. My father in law was very impressed he had his shirt steamed for him. When Katie hadn’t heard from our cake baker and her shop was closed, she gave me a call and told me what was going on but once again had a plan before she spoke to me. She had a new order in at another bakery and just needed my choice in flavors. We hung up and I laughed to my mom that something else had gone wrong but not to worry because Katie & Sarah had it covered. It was a big joke among our guests when we arrived to dinner and my original cake was sitting decorated in our flowers. LRE made it happen. At the end of the night I stood with Katie in the corner to chat and looked out at the most perfect scene of our closest family and friends all in one beautifully decorated room together. The entire weekend my whole family was so relaxed and able to enjoy every moment. There was no ‘oh no did we forget —-‘ because I knew Katie and Sarah had it covered. There were multiple times leading up to the weekend where my mom would ask me a question and I would say ‘LRE takes care of that’.

If you lasted this long and are not convinced LRE is your gold star team, ask Katie for my phone number and I can tell you myself! They are superstars in their industry, know Newport like the back of their hand and are two amazing women to work with. After our wedding, every person (almost all 35 attendees made a comment at how extraordinary my planner team was). COVID or not, if I were to do it all over again, LRE would be the first vendor booked and locked in.
    Kelly S. Married on 07/24/2021

Family & Friends Still Talking About the Wedding

This review is long overdue especially in light of the fabulous wedding Lelia Ryan Events orchestrated for our son & daughter-in-law in Newport, at the Chanler, on July 24th. Katie & Sarah supported us before, during and after the event and everything was amazing! We simply could not have pulled it off without them. No drama, lots of laughs, and memories to last a life time!
    Marjorie R. Married on 07/24/2021

Greatest Team & Experience with Leila Ryan Events - 7/24/21

You don’t need to look any further. Katie and Sarah of Leila Ryan Events are the ones you want for your wedding planners. I am the mother of the bride, now with two weddings under my belt, and these ladies are the best in what they do. From the first meeting we had in November, 2019, I knew our daughter Mackenzie and future son in law Ryan connected very well with both ladies. Katie had a wonderful understanding of the wedding day vision Mackenzie and Ryan wanted. Katie was our lead planner and was a godsend, especially dealing with the Covid nightmare we have all experienced the last two years. Katie was extremely detail oriented and reviewed all of our contracts. She provided us with great vendor contacts for bands, florists, officiants, videographers, bakeries, printing, lights, transportation, decorations, furniture, etc. They know these vendors and have a great working relationship with them. They always provided different options in the type of vendors you would choose with different pricing structures. Early April 2020 we realized a large wedding was not going to happen in August 22, 2020. Katie discussed options and provided her professional advice and we all fully agreed to push the wedding out to July 24, 2021. We followed her lead and Katie contacted all the vendors and was able to rebook all the vendors within 48 hours after our decision to change dates. If I didn’t have Katie as our wedding planner, I would have been in a terrible predicament.
    All I can say if wedding planning was an Olympic event this summer Katie and Sarah would both have received 2 gold medals. 10 for organization and meticulous attention to every detail. 10 for flawless execution of the wedding. 10 for communication and dealing with vendors and contracts. 10 for creativity and making this wedding day so magical.
    I consider Katie more of a friend than just our wedding planner. I highly recommend Katie and Sarah. You will have a wonderful experience working with these ladies creating your perfect wedding day.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Gilded Media Gilded Media Wedding Videographers

Excellent Company to work with! We highly recommend.

Newport Travel Trolley Tours Newport Travel Trolley Tours Wedding Limos

Very professional and friendly!

Confectionery Designs by Mark Souday Confectionery Designs by Mark Souday Wedding Cakes

Ladies from Leila Ryan Events are a joy to work with Professional and knowledgeable. Always a pleasure !!

PO Box 4026 Newport, RI, 02840
207-613-2073
Location of (Leila Ryan Events)

Other vendors in Providence for your wedding