955 County Road 2200, Aquilla, TX 76622 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 12

About Leatherberry Oaks Weddings

Leatherberry Oaks is a wedding venue located in Aquilla, Texas. This unique barn venue is nestled amidst scenic grounds, and is available to rent for an entire wedding weekend. The splendid terrain comprises magnificent oak trees, a quarry lake, and sweeping farmlands. The alabaster wooden barn provides a visually pleasing contrast to the natural landscape and fuses rustic elements with a refined finish.

Facilities and Capacity

Leatherberry Oaks offers ample space for a wedding celebration and receptions can be personalized to reflect a couple’s desires. Because couples can occupy the property for a whole weekend, it is also the ideal location for rehearsal dinners and pre-ceremony celebrations. With the entire estate to yourselves, you can avail of the outdoors for a scenic exchange of vows. The pointed-arch barn is painted a pristine white, and offers a spacious interior for a large reception of family and friends. The experienced team will accommodate more intimate gatherings, too. The beauty of this venue is that it affords couples the chance to truly customize their dream day. The weekend rental means that there are no time constrictions in terms of scheduling events, which will allow you to plan your day as desired.

The hospitality team offers couples all-inclusive packages that strive to meet individual requirements. You will have ample flexibility in choosing your preferred vendors and rental companies. This includes all cuisine, beverages, and decor services, allowing you to have full input in the planning process. These professionals will assist in setup and cleanup, and they provide tabled-seating for all guests.

Accommodation

This location is a destination venue for couples and guests alike. Wherever you hail from, the barn will be made available to you for the entire weekend. This allows couples and their guests to enjoy a celebration that also feels like a vacation. The newlyweds can avail of the bridal suite, and there is room to host a selection of guests on the grounds. This includes a cottage designated for members of the wedding party and separate rooms for the couple’s parents.

Location

This hideaway venue is close to the cities of Dallas, Fort Worth, and Austin. Waco Regional Airport is 30 miles from the center of Aquilla. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is approximately 98 miles away.

• The Barn on the Brazos

Videos 3 Videos

2 Reviews for Leatherberry Oaks Weddings

Kacy Cornett · Married on 06/06/2020

Beautiful Barn and Property

Just toured and booked! Wedding in JUNE 2020. Beautiful property, OMG what a stunning barn. We turned the corner getting to the venue and it literally took our breath away.

Then you get to meet Jason and Molly and they are down to earth and clearly going to be a pleasure to work with.

Can't wait to spend the weekend on the property for our wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2019

Ashley Hale · Married on 09/26/2020

Bride's Beware

Bride’s beware! Absolute Nightmare!! Our wedding was originally scheduled at Leatherberry in October 2020. It's a brand new venue so I was concerned with them finishing it by our wedding date. My concerns ended up being very valid.

The first wedding came around and I heard from multiple people attending that lots of things were not finished. I received a ton of photos and warnings of exposed wires, unfinished flooring, no running water, no restrooms, no A/C until the day of and no electricity in some areas even. On top of that, I was told multiple very unprofessional stories from over the weekend such as worker’s sleeping in the guest accommodations, then sleeping outside the weekend the couple were there and smoking weed on property. I was also told workers had even stolen items from the family.

Being two months away from our wedding date, I emailed the owners with my concerns and asked if I needed to change venues. I was very uncomfortable and no longer trusted the venue owners with this being how they presented a finished venue with hosting a wedding.

This was on a Friday and I had no response when Sunday came around so I emailed again and told them with the lack of response and state of the venue I wanted to a refund and was going to book a new venue. Now, I have added stress of a new date sooner than the first, venue change with new communication to guests and I have to attempt to get our money back.

The Leatherberry owner’s finally answered and asked to have a phone call. On the call, they agreed to give us a full refund. It is now a month later with no money returned to us and my texts/emails are ignored with communication in between of “we will get back to you soon” and “you should have it by mid week”. This is the most stressful expereince I have ever gone through and just want her money back.

Sent on 09/01/2020

Leatherberry Oaks Weddings's reply:

Today is September 2, 2020 and The Venue is done and it is beautiful, as you can see from the recent photographs we have up on our website and social media. The event you’re referring to was in early August. We have had several events since then and as you can see, many people have felt compelled to leave wonderful reviews. In addition to that, we have booked 5 weddings since then and had 3 Brides that had booked while the Venue was incomplete, come and visit and they were all blown away by the quality and details of our Venue. It is not uncommon for someone to mention on a tour “I wish I could live here”.

When you decided to cancel your wedding 2 months prior to your scheduled date, we invited you to come out and see how great the Venue looked at that time, which you declined. Our contract says that if you decide to cancel your wedding 1) all remaining deposits come due (you still owe money which we have not tried to collect) and 2) that if we can rebook the date we will refund your money. We had a phone conversation where we spoke and told you that we would try to rebook the date. We have advertised and as of yet, have been unable to book it.

As you know 10/10/20 was an extremely popular wedding date and we fielded ALOT of calls and emails requesting that date. One such offer, we even passed onto you. A couple called offering $10,000 for you to move your date, which you declined. We believe it’s only fair that we have the opportunity to rebook the date. Your wedding wasn’t scheduled in August, it was scheduled in October. Today is September 2nd and the Venue is done. Our position is that you prematurely cancelled your wedding because the Venue wasn’t done for someone else’s wedding.

I don’t know a small business that hasn’t been impacted by Covid-19. Opening a wedding venue in the middle of a pandemic has been beyond stressful and challenging for us, as I am sure you can imagine. We have met these challenges with as much flexibility, generosity and creativity directed at our couples as we could. We have moved couples weddings without charging them a dime, just moved their wedding, period, because they asked. We feel fortunate that we have been able to keep our timelines close to expectations despite stay at home orders, despite lumber shortages, despite supply chain delays and even despite all the normal challenges that happen while opening a brand new business.

We are heartbroken that it ended this way, we wish you the best of luck with your special day and we will be in touch if the date is, in fact, rebooked.

Leatherberry Oaks Weddings FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 4900.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 4900.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    Parking
    Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Barn
    Farm/Ranch
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    All Inclusive Packages
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Outside Alcohol
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• 955 County Road 2200 Aquilla, TX, 76622 See on map
    2542055406 (Phone number)
    Location of (Leatherberry Oaks Weddings)