Leah Valentine Photography

Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Leah Valentine Photography

What’s just as important as our experiences in life? Immortalizing those experiences through photographs. I was living in Australia when I turned 21 and I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate that milestone than feeling the rush of skydiving. We climbed to 14,000 feet as we gracefully skimmed the coast of Torquay Beach. When they opened the door and the wind whipped across my face, the thrill of it all suddenly hit. Leaving all sanity behind, we leapt from the plane plummeting towards the earth below. I thought I was going to have to forcibly keep my eyes open, but to my surprise I couldn’t close my eyes as I laughed and screamed hysterically the whole way down. Today I am able to look at my photos from that day and my heart still skips a beat thinking of the pure rush that was skydiving. That ability to relive that moment every time I look at the photos is one of the reasons I love photography so much. I want to give that gift to all those I capture on film (uh, or compact flash cards as it were these days!). Whether it’s remembering a rush, a heartfelt moment, or always being able to look back and see what your babies looked like when they were first born. To me, that is the magic of photography. Leah Valentine, owner of Leah Valentine Photography   Want to know a little bit about me? I love to eat. Seriously. Especially little Amaretto cookies from Vaccaro’s in Baltimore. I feel like I should advertise for them…oh wait, I just did! My dance moves are what legends are made of….good or bad, the jury is still out. Even living on the west coast I remain an avid Broad Street Bullies fan. GO FLYERS! After four years of college ball, I still play soccer. Albeit, much slower these days. I am a third generation Italian-American who is still working on perfecting my version of the family’s signature summer dish, spaghetti and crabs.   If you like my style, I'd love to talk with you about your big day!   www.leahvalentine.com leah@leahvalentine.com 805-364-0204

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Santa Barbara

Follow Leah Valentine Photography on

20 Reviews for Leah Valentine Photography

Leah was simply amazing! I found her at a wedding convention and I just fell in love with all the examples she had at her booth! She was very easy to work with and I am so glad she was there to capture our engagement photos, while being very pregnant, and our wedding! I highly recommend Leah to everyone and I will definitely continue to book her for our future photos!

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Leah shot beautiful, artistic photos for our intimate beach house wedding. Her photos are unique in her attention to details and focus on capturing flattering and gorgeous lighting. Leah's professionalism, effortlessness and wonderful personality helped us to enjoy the day and maximize time with our families. As people who are a bit introverted and shy, my husband and I felt comfortable during portrait sessions thanks to Leah's helpful coaching and pleasant demeanor. She was also very patient with our family members who wanted to take many pictures for their own memories. One of the highlights of our reception dinner was showing the wedding picture slideshow that Leah had already created in less than an hour. All the guests fell silent, except for the collective "oohs" & "aahs," and we all clapped at the end. The day following the wedding, Leah had already sent us a 45 photo "sneak peek" gallery to share with our families while we were still on vacation at the beach house and we haven't stopped looking at it!

Becky & Danny

Profile Picture Becky, 8/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Leah was amazing! So easy to work with! And the pictures turned out great!!!

Profile Picture Allie, 7/19/14, 1 Review