348 Dyckman Street, New York, NY 10034 Map · Phone number

La Marina 6
La Marina 7

Elena · Married on 09/23/2017

Fairy Tale wedding!

My husband and I got married at La Marina on 09/23/2017 and we could not be happier!

About a year ago, a family friend of ours recommended La Marina after visiting dozens of other venues for her own wedding. We quickly booked an appointment to see it and it was love at first sight. Side note: My husband is a professional wedding DJ so he has a little inside knowledge and has seen many venues around the world so this instant feeling of connection was important to me.

Although we did run into a few hiccups during the planning process as they replaced management about a month before our big day, the new management was professional and followed through on all of our previous negotiations, as well as, exceeding expectations!

The new Director of Events, Nancy, and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day went perfectly. Our goal was to have a laidback party type of reception with no formal sit down dinner. Her attention to detail was the only way to make it possible. During the final month of planning she walked us through every detail of the night from food selection to the color of the throw pillows on the furniture.

Everything was executed perfectly! We are excited to recommend La Marina to all of our friends and family looking to get married in NYC!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    La Marina 14

Michelle · Married on 11/21/2015

2.0
      3.0

My husband and I got married at La Marina in November 2015, and we really loved our wedding. The setting is absolutely beautiful. La Marina has a great outdoor area for weddings, but it was too cold for us to be married outdoors, so they set up a separate part of the restaurant for the ceremony. I didn't know how it was going to look going into it, but it took my breath away when I finally saw it. We didn't need a lot of crazy centerpieces for our tables, because the setting really speaks for itself.

The food was amazing. I didn't get to try any food during the cocktail hour unfortunately, but dinner was delicious. I tried all three entrees, and they were all wonderful, and the guests all said that they were very impressed with the food.

My biggest problem however was that the restaurant was bought out between the time we booked in October 2014, and November 2015 when we got married, and it was not a smooth transition. I didn't even know that the management had changed until two months before the wedding, after trying to get in touch with someone with questions. Furthermore, it took the event coordinator NEARLY TWO WEEKS to answer many of my emails, which was incredibly stressful when there were fewer than two months until the wedding and decisions needed to be made.

Sent on 07/08/2016

Nailah · Married on 04/28/2018

1.6
      1.5
      0.5
      0.5
      3.0

Be wary. La Marina is a beautiful venue and the staff is incredibly professional but their contract has a tremendous amount of loopholes and after consulting with the Attorney General’s Office (yes. This issue went that far.) it seems as if that is done intentionally. La Marina requires a 50% deposit, but does not consider the date pursued to be locked in and the contract to be binding unless that deposit is paid in full. I paid roughly $10,000 towards that deposit (much less than 50%) and did not see any explicit language that suggested that monies paid towards the completion of a fully paid deposit would be forfeited. 6 months out from the wedding and less than 2 weeks after sending the check, we decided to select another venue. La Marina is a beautiful venue but they are slightly dishonest about their dining room capacity. I have screenshots of their website’s previously advertised capacity, the communications I had with a previous employee and then the (albeit very nice) communications I had with their current staff. They don’t add up and we feared that this venue could not truly accommodate our seated reception service needs but did not want to walk away from a significant pay day during off season. La Marina not only refused to returns the funds (like...any of it. None). They refused to initially even offer a credit! Again, be wary! With 6 months in advance, and several offers on the table, they definitely stand to make back whatever we walked away with regarding our “date”. But alas, they chose to make the decisions that they did. They refused to acknowledge the better business bureaus attempts to mediate, and even the attorney generals office found legitimacy in our claim. You do not want to work with a venue that cares more about screwing you over than doing business ethically!

Sent on 01/04/2018

La Marina FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 5,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 5,063.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Beach, Marina, Restaurant
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Tents
  • What months are included in your peak season? June, July, August, September