About A La Carte Albums

Custom photo books for your personality and your budget
In this age of the “shoot and burn” photographer, more and more people receive nothing but a disc or a boxful of negatives after their wedding or portrait session, and nothing else. So what do you do if you want the beautiful albums the high-end photographers offer, but didn’t/couldn’t hire one of them for your celebration? Or perhaps you have a hard drive full of personal photos of your family life that you’d like to be able to flip through without booting up the computer?

That’s where I come in.

I have years of experience working in production and album design at an award-winning boutique photography studio and now I can offer these same services to you: custom design (no cheesy templates, ever! ) and access to the finest printing and bookbinding. The companies I work with to produce albums are strictly to-the-trade, and produce a finer product than consumers can access. I’ve assembled a range of options to fit almost every budget, and want to work with you to tell your story with a book you’ll still be happy to show people 50 years from now.

Also, I will treat your images as though I had been your photographer — which means if they need a little love, whether it be color correction to retouching, each will get my personal attention before they are printed. And you get hi-res copies of your improved images along with your book.

Every book is custom; we start with your images and your personal style and let the book grow naturally from there.

Categories: Wedding Service

Regions serviced: Seattle

Follow A La Carte Albums on

7 Reviews for A La Carte Albums

I worked with Jane as both a photographer and a newlywed and was impressed by her work in both capacities.

As photographers, my husband and I wanted to add albums to our offerings, but we weren't sure how to go about it. We know there are plenty of places to upload photos and get a book online, but our top concerns were the quality of the final product, the beauty of the design, and how well the final product showcased our images. The albums Jane designed for us were SPECTACULAR. She is an incredibly talented designer, and she was really easy to work with. Her proofing system allowed us to make comments on individual pages and review changes. She was very quick to make changes, and always deffered to our tastes and preferences while really giving everything her great sense of design. Our clients were absolutely thrilled.

As newlyweds, we didn't want to fall into the classic photographer's trap of having stacks of albums and prints of our clients and never getting an album of our own wedding, so we went to her for the album design. As she did with our clients' images, she culled through all the photos for the best edit, arranged them beautifully, and was receptive and fast with our requested revisions. When my mom got the album, she took it everywhere-her work, to relatives' houses, even the beauty salon! My mother in law got her album, and she called to say that it brought her to tears, that the design was just gorgeous, and that, even though she'd been looking at the digital files for months, the album showed the photos in a whole new light.

Seriously-if you are interested in getting an album of your wedding, portraits, bodouir session, etc. contact Jane. She will make you something so pretty, for a totally reasonable price, and will be incredibly easy to work with in the process!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/31/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I used a la carte albums to create a matted album after my October 2011 wedding. Jane was easy to deal with right from the start, and provided tons of clear information upfront about the different album options available. Giving feedback and comments on the album design throughout the process was simple. This was the best experience I could have imagined for my wedding album, and I'm so thrilled with the final product! I would highly, highly recommend Jane of a la carte albums.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/22/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jane of A La Carte Albums was wonderful from beginning to end. She was incredibly great to work with, happy to work within our budget and very responsive to all our questions and comments by email and phone. She has tons of options for her albums, and when we weren’t sure exactly what to pick but just had a general direction, she was amazing at pointing us towards a couple things she thought might work. We loved working with her, and we could not be happier with the album we received just last week. (Our priority was to have beautiful bright-colored photos, and they look perfect!) We would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Chris, 9/18/11, 2 Reviews